Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I was just informed my Catalyst blog, which I never blog at any more :eek: made the top of the list of
"25 Excellent Blogs on Local Search."

The very top blog in our space, Mike Blumenthal's blog was missing from the list, so I'm not sure how much research went into this list or how well this company knows the local space...

However there are some blogs I have not read before that I want to check out and there are some gems like Mary Bowling's and Mike Balasco's, that I want to be sure you guys know about and have bookmarked.

25 Excellent Blogs on Local Search & SEO

Plus you know me... I like to share and lists are fun to share. :)

Nyagoslav

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Actually it is explained in the article why Mike's blog is not there (in the second paragraph):

"If you recall, we did a similar roundup back in December. But you already have those excellent blogs in your RSS feed by now, so we?ve done something a little different this time around. The following 25 local search blogs (listed in no particular order) include some of the diamond-in-the-rough gems that go beyond the obvious thought leaders to provide you with insider tips and tactics they?ve learned from working with their clients. You?ll also find a couple general SEO blogs that happen to have a robust local SEO category. And of course, a couple familiar names in the mix as well?but these are all agencies and industry pros not included in our previous list."

Note that the "older" list is also in no particular order:

20 Excellent Local SEO Blogs Worth Reading – UpCity

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Well that's me multi-tasking and skimming again. Guess I need to start sharing less so I can take time to read more thoroughly.

Thanks for pointing all that out Nyagoslav!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
No that was no goof Phil. You are just that awesome! :)

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Their only goof was including me on both lists :eek:

The deciding factor was must have been your fantastic ability to bring on great guest bloggers....

Sorry...I couldn't even type that without keeling over, laughing, and almost wetting myself.

You are a very talented, and humble dude, Phil :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
raellovepie Local Grid - Excel (Poor Man's) Version Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Troubleshooting Google Local Ranking Problems - Excellent Guide by Miriam Ellis! Local Search 7
Nick.SEOSpark Excellent Guide on Citation Building from Nygoslav! Citations 4
C The value of a blog on a website for local SEO Local Search 58
zach.todd Local Search and Blogging Local Search 3
PaulSteinbrueck Best practices for blogging, evergreen content, publish dates Organic SEO 4
JoyHawkins New Blog Feed Feature Local Search Experts Forum 25
Dan Foland What are your thoughts on separate blogs throughout a website? Organic SEO 8
djbaxter Testing latest blog addon Admin Stuff 1
Jo Shaer Auto publishing from Wordpress blog to GMB post Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Jo Shaer Blog post Schema - mainEntityOfPage Local Search 0
T Accepting guest blog posts Recycle Bin 0
bczubiak Understanding Traffic From Blog Articles. Is it helping Locally? Local Content 11
L Accepting guest blog posts Organic SEO 3
Rich Owings Great blogs that don't convert Organic SEO 2
vivekrpatel Should we build citation for lifestyle blog/magazine? Citations 9
M How to know which kw's best to choose for blog? Local Search 13
M Indexing Service For Client's Blog On Money Site Organic SEO 13
H A Good blog post does not just "get links" Local Search 9
rosie.brightlocal Best local SEO blog? Vote now! Consultant's Corner 4
Eric Rohrback Rendering AJAX-crawling pages - From Google Webmaster Blog Organic SEO 0
Eric Rohrback Great new Local Post on the Moz Blog - Thanks Miriam! Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Kyrton Local page mini blogs Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Friday Funnies: 20 Jokes Only a Marketer Could Love LOL - Top Rank Blog Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
G Does your company sell blogging/content marketing services? Consultant's Corner 0
H Indexing blog content without a massive list of archive months Local Search 3
B Anyone have clients in these industries? Let's exchange blogs! Recycle Bin 0
Eric Rohrback Using the Barnacle SEO Method to Prove Local Community Awareness - A Moz Blog Post Local Search 2
TheHighlander Capturing A New Clients Blog Authority Help & Support for Google Local 6
Linda Buquet DAVID New Featured Local Search Blogs Forum Admin Stuff 4
JoyHawkins Redoing Old Blog Posts Organic SEO 10
JoyHawkins Should Small Businesses Even Have Blogs? Organic SEO 33
H Blogging for local client got 189 visits last month, 9 from their home state Local Search 7
Jaden Shifting blog URL Organic SEO 1
E Keyword Research for Blog posts and local content Local Content 4
E Keyword Research for Blog posts and local content Local Content 4
A My Blog For Practicing the Art of Organic SEO Organic SEO 3
F Blogging on Google+ Local Content 4
F Blogging on Google+ Local Content 4
G What is the best alternative to distribute and write blogs? Local Content 4
Gsmithmike What is the best alternative to distribute and write blogs? Local Content 4
L 3 Tips for Developing Locally Focused Blog Content - From a Local Content Writer Local Content 3
Linda Buquet 3 Tips for Developing Locally Focused Blog Content - From a Local Content Writer Local Content 3
Linda Buquet 90 SEO Experts Share their Best White Hat Link Building Tips - Ahrefs Blog Organic SEO 2
Linda Buquet Local Consultants: Do you Include Blogging in Your Local SEO Package? Consultant's Corner 21
L Local Content: Blog post or New Page Local Content 1
L Local Content: Blog post or New Page Local Content 1
AarthiD Foursquare Turns Six, CEO writes blog post about Local Local Search 8
Tim Colling Reporting Private Blog Networks Organic SEO 11
Pinkape404 Blogs, links, and Keywords - Do they matter? Organic SEO 5