More threads by jacobnorris

jacobnorris

Reaction score
I am working on listings for a company with four locations - all with the same number. Should I use the main number for all locations or would it be better to create tracking numbers for the other 3 locations?

Solution
It's no problem to use the same number for all locations. It can sometimes cause Google to flag the profiles as duplicates if they all have the same name, phone, and website url. One thing you can do to mitigate this if it happens is to link the different profiles to unique location pages instead of the homepage. Then 2 of the 4 primary fields will be differentiated.
It's no problem to use the same number for all locations. It can sometimes cause Google to flag the profiles as duplicates if they all have the same name, phone, and website url. One thing you can do to mitigate this if it happens is to link the different profiles to unique location pages instead of the homepage. Then 2 of the 4 primary fields will be differentiated.

Solution
I am working on listings for a company with four locations - all with the same number. Should I use the main number for all locations or would it be better to create tracking numbers for the other 3 locations?

It can cause issue with some citation vendors. We couldn’t add our locations to Yext as they were sharing the same phone number. If they get suspended, the telephone number may deny the reinstatement. Sign up call rail.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom