More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
A Deeper Dive Into Location Factors For Online Review Management and Marketing

Guest-Post-Timothy-Sweeney.jpg

In a follow up to last week’s post, Timothy Sweeney offers a unique look at the questions that Local Search practitioners need to ask themselves when considering location factors and their impact an online review management and marketing for their Small Business clients.

The other week Garrett asked me if I would provide feedback on a series of questions concerning comparing city versus suburban versus rural based businesses when it came to the topic of reviews.

My general thoughts on this topic were that it is difficult to make generalities as I know of some rural businesses that have their act together concerning local search (and reviews) and some urban businesses that don’t have a clue. Even so, thinking about the question raised the following thoughts. It should be noted that while writing these thoughts I reflected on my observations as a consumer, a Google Local Guide and as a local search practitioner.

So in consideration of, comparing city versus suburban versus rural based businesses when it came to the topic of reviews, here are my thoughts.

Additional Factors To Consider

• What are the demographics of the area in question? – For example, is the population younger who are digital natives or older and don’t live through their devices. Would a smaller city that has a major university at its center be more digitally inclined and henceforth a source of reviews than a larger city with an older population? (Source of reviews)
  • Are there connection – infrastructure issues? – Those in urban areas might take 4G constant connected service for granted, but once you start venturing outward into more rural and even some suburban areas it’s not fun trying to work on 1 bar to no bars of service. (Ease of reviews)
  • What’s the density of each business vertical? – If there are more of the same types of business in the locality competing with one another, this appears (in general) to stimulate the desire for reviews. (Competitive push for reviews)

Check out the article to find out the other location related questions that Tim suggests asking yourself when working with clients on their Online Review Management and Marketing Strategy.

A Deeper Dive Into Location Factors For Online Review Management and Marketing

Guest-Post-Timothy-Sweeney.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom