More threads by Barb Davids

Barb Davids

Reaction score
Are there any resources about how Google addresses ad fraud for Local Service Ads?

I have a client who is considering them. Not sure what to tell them outside of the fact that it's not something that can technically be "resolved".

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Cheers!
Barb

Not sure about LSAs specifically, though you might consider a service like ClickCease, which I assume would function the same way against invalid LSA clicks as against standard bad clicks.

What exactly are you thinking of, in terms of ad fraud? LSA is not PPC, you only get charged when customer calls you, not when they click your ad. And Google is pretty good about granting you credit for disputed calls, e.g. spam, robocalls, etc, which can be a pain when you get a bad number.

What exactly are you thinking of, in terms of ad fraud? LSA is not PPC, you only get charged when customer calls you, not when they click your ad. And Google is pretty good about granting you credit for disputed calls, e.g. spam, robocalls, etc, which can be a pain when you get a bad number.
I was thinking if a competitor, or as you mentioned, a bot, calls. How does the disputed call process work?

There's a dashboard with all your calls, which are recorded. Just click the "dispute" button, that's it. I've found that many of the super short calls that don't even connect are automatically detected, so you're not even charged in the first place. Google can take a while to give you credit, and there's no appeal process, but I think for the most part it's more responsive than any other system Google has (report a bug, contact support for incorrect suspension, report spam, etc.)

There's a dashboard with all your calls, which are recorded. Just click the "dispute" button, that's it. I've found that many of the super short calls that don't even connect are automatically detected, so you're not even charged in the first place. Google can take a while to give you credit, and there's no appeal process, but I think for the most part it's more responsive than any other system Google has (report a bug, contact support for incorrect suspension, report spam, etc.)
Awesome. Thank you for that insight.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom