More threads by chudson7

Reaction score
can someone show me how to do this in the simplest way there so many options its confusing

You just log into Your GMB (Google My Business now) dashboard and add the descriptor to the Business name. You have to be careful on what you add as there is still discussion on the benefits and pitfalls. Normally the descriptor should reference a city or Neighborhood or something like South Tucson.

Take a look at these posts

How to Use Google Places Descriptors: Some Early Best-Practices | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

Google Places Guideline Update: Now Allowing Descriptors in Business Title | Understanding Google Places & Local Search

Thanks Justin!

Also see the big thread here at the forum.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-local-important/15009-guideline-change-city-keyword-places-title-allowed.html">GUIDELINE CHANGE - City or Keyword in Places Title Allowed Now</a>

At one point I say, just because she says you CAN, does not mean it's in your best interest to do so. Think very carefully before making any changes to NAP.

I would have to agree with Justin and Linda on this one, just too many what ifs right now. I personally have not done this for any of my clients.

Additionally, I believe you've been having a company do optimization for you. I'd advise leaving it to them and not making changes on your own or at least without discussing with them.

yea .. that was my concern .. NAP would be some what of a mess after that i would think
thanks for the guidance everyone

---------- Post Merged at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:04 PM ----------

that's laughable

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom