More threads by Stacey

Stacey

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this happen? I've managed the listing for this client for over 5 years. We adhere to all the guidelines, we add posts, photos, she has reviews, and I frequently check and update the listing as needed. Today I added the year and month the business opened (after reading a great article on BrightLocal) when I did the listing was immediatley suspended.

The email from Google said your Business Profile on Google has been suspended because it was flagged for suspicious activity. I am a manager and just reviewed insights for the listing yesterday. I did file a reinstatement request but I'm very concerned as this will have a huge impact on my client.

Any suggestions on other measures I could take?

Thank you for any help or advice that can be provided.

Stacey

Hi Stacey, what is the business category? Some categories are far more scrutinized when it comes to making edits and tripping a flag.

The business category is criminal justice attorney. Google replied very quickly saying: We have reviewed your request and have determined that your Google My Business listing is in compliance with our Google My Business Quality Guidelines and Google Content and Conduct policies. The suspension of your listing has been lifted and the listing will be live on Google Maps within the next few days.

This is good news however it has knocked my client out of the local pack for the time being. This is very frustrating considering she was doing very well in desktop, mobile and maps with no issues with the latest update.

I appreciate your help.
Stacey

Hi Stacey, the ranking drop shouldn't happen if the reinstatement was done properly. Can you confirm that the maps URL with CID number is the same as it was before it was suspended?

The CID number is the same as it was before the suspension. Yesterday the firm was ranking in several local 3 pack positions in desktop and mobile searches but today - none.

Has anyone else had this happen? I've managed the listing for this client for over 5 years. We adhere to all the guidelines, we add posts, photos, she has reviews, and I frequently check and update the listing as needed. Today I added the year and month the business opened (after reading a great article on BrightLocal) when I did the listing was immediatley suspended.

The email from Google said your Business Profile on Google has been suspended because it was flagged for suspicious activity. I am a manager and just reviewed insights for the listing yesterday. I did file a reinstatement request but I'm very concerned as this will have a huge impact on my client.

Any suggestions on other measures I could take?

Thank you for any help or advice that can be provided.

Stacey

We've seen an increase in capricious suspensions. We haven't had it happen specifically for adding the opening date, but we've had it happen in some cases simply when entering a verification code or making a minor edit. It appears that Google's algorithm for detecting suspicious activity is very touchy. Very frustrating. Sorry you're also experiencing the rankings drop. Insult to injury.

Hi Ross,

Thank you for the reply. I remember reading about suspensions happening for little or no reason. Luckily the reinstated the listing quickly and after 3 days the local map pack visibility has returned.

Have a good day,
Stacey

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom