Simon Cox

Reaction score
For UK Florists the 30th March is their busiest day of the year. So to my surprise, I found that one of our clients had her GMB listed with a Special Hours addition for the 30 March and it was set to 'Closed'. I talked to her and she was shocked immediately suspecting a local competitor of making this change - but I did not think that was possible as I thought only the Owner or verified persons could make such changes. How wrong am I?

Simon Cox

Reaction score
Thank you Joy. We think we know who it is - judging by the number of backlinks a competitor site has recently got and a duplicate map pack (now in 2 and 3 with my client at 1). Shitty tactics but Karma will get them.

Simon Cox

Reaction score
Google My Business team have just replied to my email me saying that the primary owner made the change a while back. Except that she told me she did not - I am more likely to believe her.

Simon Cox

Reaction score
Oddly I have had several more emails from Google telling me there is a fault and they are fixing it. The way the email was worded suggests to me that they are working on a way to fix the updates without approval issue - which would be nice

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Seems like someone is trying to Steal my clients GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 5
vtrjavier Good someone to provide me with types of services (ideas ) that could work in a city or country? Local Search 1
J How to make someone else admin without losing access? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Someone from Google Corporate just joined Admin Stuff 1
LocalSEODat Can someone help with this Top Snack Pk ranking fake GMB listing? Spam on Google 3
Tim Colling Someone trying to change GMB location name, EVERY DAY Google My Business & Google Maps 11
MiriamEllis Forum etiquette when someone is spamming Local Search 4
R Someone suggested this status: Permanently Closed Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Is there a way to tell if someone is 301 redirecting to your site. Local Search 1
H When someone gives you a referral, do you give them a cut? Consultant's Corner 6
C Proximity from centroid enough to keep someone out of the map pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Andrew Forster Map Maker Approval - Can I get someone to approve this edit? Help & Support for Google Local 3
Linda Buquet Seeing Red - Someone STEALING all my Training Mod Squad 6
shondarogers Can you tell if a Google+ Local listing is already claimed in someone else's dash? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
B How does someone behoove a particular liveliness coach? Recycle Bin 0
Jo Shaer Not really Places related but hope someone can help Local Search 1
Chris Ratchford Google Ads- Local Pack- one GMB location only? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Jeffrey Taylor Adding a new category to Google my Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobbertKleijwegt Q&A vanished after adding Products to business profile Google My Business & Google Maps 5
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
B Adding Accepted Health Insurances NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Passage based rankings, core web vitals, responsive search ads: A rant Google Algorithm Discussions 0
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Enhanced Search added. Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
MatGee Adding Make Appointment Button to GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter Google on Interstitial Ads: Do what we say, not what we do Organic SEO 0
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
L Local Service Ad for Attorney Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
S Added the Year and Month the Business Started - Listing was Immediately Suspended Help & Support for Google Local 7
djbaxter Google services down Dec 14, 2020: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Console, more Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
RobbertKleijwegt Confused after adding Product Posts to listing Google My Business & Google Maps 8
H Map Pack Ads for Service Area Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
nathangdavidson Anyone noticing reviews not being added to profiles? Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
djbaxter SVG added as accepted image format Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Adam C. Google Ads Phone Support Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
BenFisher Google My Business Adding Reinstatement Request Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Scott ClientClicks Call Tracking for Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
A Will adding a secondary category that requires a physical location trigger re-verification for main service based category? Local Search 1
NexstarNickR Google Local Service Ads: Price Increases due to Bidding Rollout Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
D Is adding emojis to business name gets penalty from GMB? Local Search 1
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
N Cost of Local Service Ads (LSA) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 15
J Local Service Ads (LSA) impact on GMB calls? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2