More threads by Jo Shaer

Solutions
Reaction score
My client's address is still not recognised properly by Google despite a user edit - although it is at least now in the same shopping mall.

Now five other main citations seem to have taken the address from the Google listing rather than my client's postal address.

I need to build more citations... but do I use his postal address or the address that Google seems to want to give him?

BTW, the address in the dashboard is different to both the other addresses - if I try to change it, the map in the dashboard complains that it does not recognise the address so I have left that alone.

Hard to guess in cases like this Jo. Kinda like working blind.

Have you done citation research to find out why Google thinks the other address is correct?

"BTW, the address in the dashboard is different to both the other addresses - if I try to change it, the map in the dashboard complains that it does not recognise the address so I have left that alone."

"the map in the dashboard complains?"
What does it say? It won't let you change it?

What happens when you plug the address that you THINK is correct into Google maps?
What does Google say then?

Hi Linda

The Shopping Mall got a roof and changed its name slightly, but Google doesn't seem to have got the message yet.

You're right, ignore the store owner and the Mall owner and go to the original citations. They all still give the old address. Ive changed everything to match the citations so Google can understand.

Thanks, as usual, for the calm voice of reason x

Also if what you are saying is the address is wrong on the maps base layer - you can edit that and then go to the Map Maker forum and explain and try to get them to approve the edit.

But if I amend the address, won't I then have to do it on all the citations too?

Well the address should be the correct address. But it's all confusing to me without looking at the listing and knowing what correct and what's not. So will look at the info you PMed me then can maybe make more sense of it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom