More threads by causticx

causticx

Reaction score
Hi everyone -- longtime lurker, first-time poster. I'm a bit stumped on why one of the listings I help manage is out-ranking the other and could use some advice.

I manage two listings, one for a medical facility and one for an urgent care that is attached to the medical facility building. The main medical facility is only open 8-5, M-F and the urgent care is open 24 hours. Leaders at the facility directed us to open two listings due to the urgent care having extended hours.

I know Joy has posted some helpful information recently about how Google is now prioritizing listings that are open when you are searching -- but even during business hours, the urgent care is ranking higher than the main facility. I'm not sure why this is, considering the main facility has a 4.6 rating and 2400+ reviews (last review was one day ago, listing age is about 10 years), and the urgent care is only at a 2.7 with 54 reviews (last review was one week ago, listing age is about 3 years.) We also keep up with engagement on both listings and respond to each review. My colleagues and I have tried searching for our main facility with all different keywords, at different times of day, and across different browsers/devices but the urgent care is still taking priority.

Is there anything we can do to ensure the medical facility is the listing that primarily shows up in search during its open hours? We are getting calls from confused patients about it. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Have you looked into nesting the urgent care listing as a department under the main facility? [Guide] Managing Google Business Profile Department Listings - Sterling Sky Inc

This could help add more authority behind the main facility listing and get it to show above the urgent care listing.

Other than that, I would need to look at the listings and know the searches you are trying to show up for in order to help further, would you mind sharing them?

Have you looked into nesting the urgent care listing as a department under the main facility? [Guide] Managing Google Business Profile Department Listings - Sterling Sky Inc

This could help add more authority behind the main facility listing and get it to show above the urgent care listing.

Other than that, I would need to look at the listings and know the searches you are trying to show up for in order to help further, would you mind sharing them?

They are not nested but I can certainly change that!

Happy to have you take a look at the listings if time permits, I really appreciate that. Do you mind if I DM them as I'm not comfortable sharing my employer publicly?

Sure feel free to DM me about this. I suggest you try the nested department listing first and let me know if that doesn't solve the problem :)

Sure feel free to DM me about this. I suggest you try the nested department listing first and let me know if that doesn't solve the problem :)

Thank you! I was able to nest them -- still seeing that the urgent care is dominating a bit but maybe it'll take a few days to adjust?

Tried to send a DM/conversation but was unable to. Could be human error. 😂

Yes, this could take a few days to adjust. I would give it at least 2 weeks to evaluate how this impacts rankings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom