Durandl

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi there[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I help Local businesses with their online visibility through SEO. More recently I have been thinking about delving into Google AdWords so i can offer an additional service to my small business owners but was wondering what the best approach would be.

Should I use Google AdWords express or just Google AdWords? Should I set up individual accounts for each of my clients so they are somehow "portable" or should they all sit under the same master account?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As you can see my knowledge is somehow limited and any help would be welcome. If you can point me in some easy to follow tutorial directly aimed at PPC for small businesses that would be awesome.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many thanks[/FONT]

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
Adwords express is garbage. You have limited control over your account, so it basically equates to burning spend. If you have super low budget clients (eg less than or equal to $200/mo) that you don't want to invest a ton of management time for, then express could be fine.

If your clients are spending real money and expect to see a real return on their investment, then the full AdWords interface is where you want to be.

Make sure you study the AW training materials and take the certification tests Google offers. That should be your first step to getting acquainted with the product before selling and managing for clients. Those tests and training resources should be able to answer most of your questions when starting out.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TalkingMonkey Google Smart (AdWords Express) questions Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
pbarnhart AdWords Express - Need Your Experiences (good and bad) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
James Watt Business owner survey on adwords express results vs pure adwords Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoyHawkins Gold Stars without Using AdWords Express Local Reviews 9
TonyIsSocial What is the + for in AdWords Express Search Phrases Marketing 2
S Weird "Scare Tactic" Email From Google Adwords Express? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google Launches Adwords Express Plus for Local Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Get a FREE Month of Google AdWords Express Ads - Happy Holidays Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoshuaMackens Adwords Preview & Diagnostic Tool Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
Phil Rozek Nice AdWords ad, Yelp Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Scott ClientClicks Geofencing with Adwords? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
D Google Adwords Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Doublet7t My "Google Adwords" Rookie Mistake Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
M Is There A Phone Number For Google Adwords Support? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
B How far away does a user have to be in order to see AdWords location extensions? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
G Best White Label AdWords Management Partner? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Caroline Linking GMB with Adwords- jump in rankings? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Durandl Adword listing in Google snack pack in the UK Local Search 2
pbarnhart AdWords Location Display Ad Format Now Available Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Tim Sweeney Adwords Price Extensions - Show How Much Services And Products Cost Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Linda Buquet Welcome to the New Adwords, PPC & Google Pay-to-Play Forum Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Linda Buquet The New Google Adwords Updates for Local Businesses - Detailed Info Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
Garrett Sussman 3 Ways to Inject Reviews Into Your Google AdWords Extensions Local Reviews 8
Linda Buquet Making Sense of the Google Adwords Changes for Local Businesses Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Linda Buquet Local Impact - 4 Google Adwords on Top Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
C When to use Adwords Local Extentsions - PPC SEO Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Local SEO & Adwords: Pay-To-Play Looming - Will you Offer Adwords Management? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
M Monetizing AdWords Consultant's Corner 10
BWrightTLM Managing Google Adwords Campaigns for Clients Consultant's Corner 5
D Dealing With Yellow Pages Adwords Ads Targeting Your Brand Name Marketing 0
Linda Buquet Google Announces Local Phone # Call Forwarding for AdWords Google My Business & Google Maps 0
RobinOctane Google Adwords and Google My Business Same Account ONLY? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Google Reviews in Adwords. Once upon a time... Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet New Option: Link Google My Business & AdWords for Streamlined Local Extensions Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Chris Ratchford Client wants to sue Google for AdWords fraud Marketing 24
seoWest Linking Adwords to Places Google My Business & Google Maps 3
L AdWords Call Extensions Recycle Bin 0
Jason Kamara Adwords layout and CTR Marketing 3
D No more keyword reporting from google, unless you use adwords Organic SEO 9
Chris Ratchford Keyword Research via AdWords testing Organic SEO 8
M Adwords Tracking Number Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Will Phone # On Adwords Effect Rank On Google+ Local? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Peter Hill Express Update cost Citations 7
Eric Rohrback Expression Engine CMS - Pros & Cons Consultant's Corner 3
yunust Free Express Update? Local Search 3
Dustybones Where does Express Update get their data from? Local Search 11
shondarogers Advice on Advertising on Yelp vs Google Express Local Search 5
Jason Rogers "business information provided by american express" Local Search 6
Colan Nielsen Express Update Coming to Canada Local Search 8
K Express Update -- trouble updating our listing Google Local 101 3