More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
Is it okay to have a tracking phone number in a google ad, or will that mess up the NAP of the website?

If you're referring to Adwords or Adcenter (Bing ads), it's perfectly fine to have a tracking number in the ad. The ads are not crawled or scraped by Google whatsoever.

Mike,

I assume you mean enabling the call extension for a Google Adwords Ad? Phone numbers within the ad title/description are no longer allowed in Google Adwords.

You will have no issue using the call extension either with a Google Forwarding number, custom tracking number, or client number. So go ahead.

If you are using tracking numbers, I would set that as the phone number for the call extension and then use the Google Forwarding number option, lowering the time for conversion down to 30 seconds from the default of 60 seconds. This will allow you to get conversion tracking in Adwords for calls as well as send it through to your own tracking number for your own recording purposes.

Let me know if you need anything else.

cheers,
Darren

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom