UKSBD

I know some people say the Fetch as Google didn't improve rankings or help with indexing, but for a lot of stuff I do it definitely helped.

I.e.
although not a news site I would keep an eye out on current affairs, news stories, then do little blog posts with big emphasis on click bait type headlines.
I would make a post, fetch in using the URL inspection tool, request indexing to give the post a boost and get it indexed and ranking straight away.

Since this has been switched Off I appear have less control on which posts I want immediately indexed and I'm now finding other pages on the same site are ranking if they have a link to the new page instead of the new page.

Anyone know of an alternative to the request indexing feature of the URL inspection tool?

I was wondering this too. I recently made changes to some page on my website and they have not been crawled in a while, some of them as far back as 5 months ago. I was wondering how to get them crawled now that I have made the changes.

I changed up the sitemap a bit and submitted it hoping it would trigger a whole site re-crawl, but nothing.

UKSBD

Yeah, I did similar.
added a new Sitemap with just 4 or 5 of my latest posts, dropped links on 2 or 3 other sites, used the rich snippets tool, page speed tool but still no joy.

New posts that I could get indexed and ranking within minutes of posting them are now taking days :-(

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom