More threads by abbietorres

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

How would you recommend for independent business operators like entrepreneurs selling Amway or Avon products list themselves on Google My Business?

Is it a better practice to be a service area business or a traditional business listing? What are the pros and cons? Just trying to get some thoughts. Thanks for your time.

I'd say service area business since they work out of their house and people don't generally come to them.

I'd say service area business since they work out of their house and people don't generally come to them.
Thanks Joy! Is there a downside to being listed as a Service Area business? I'm asking because I am going back and forth on right is right for my freelance client. She does host parties at her home but the team that works under her doesn't.

I've read that service area business listings do not perform as well... is that a caveat?

Would you say in this case, it is up to the independent seller to choose if they want their address to show on Google or should it be up to 'me' the SEO to say "being listed as a service area business is a best practice for this type of business model".

I would leave it up to the business owner because they would need to be comfortable with their home address showing publicly on Google. From what I've been told, it is a slight disadvantage to being set up as an SAB but not a deal-breaker.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom