Jason

Reaction score
I'm taking on a new client with 60 plus locations and they had all their Google Local accounts under their old marketing company account (huge mistake!!!!). Is there any way to bring them under a new umbrella without re-verifying everything?

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Jason

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Jason,

There is no way to transfer them over per se. You will need to re-claim them all in the new account and re-verify.

If you are doing a bulk upload there are different things you can do to save time. I'm no bulk upload expert but there are a few good threads here that I can try and point you to if that's the case.

a11c

Reaction score
If they are Google+ local listings in the Google+ pages section, you should be able to add a new account as the manager of those pages and after 2 weeks proceed to transfer ownership.

Jason

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback all.

a11c, are you referring to the Google + Social Network? I cant seem to find what you are referring to but transferring ownership is exactly what I need to do.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback all.

a11c, are you referring to the Google + Social Network? I cant seem to find what you are referring to but transferring ownership is exactly what I need to do.

I believe he's talking verified Google+ Business pages meaning social pages merged with Google Place pages.

But I doubt that's the case with these listings as merging with GP is not supported for multi-location businesses yet.

My guess is these are Place pages (Google+ Local) in which case Colan's advice is correct.

There is no way to transfer them over per se. You will need to re-claim them all in the new account and re-verify.

However if you end up with the new Places dashboard it will no longer let you REclaim listings that were previously claimed. You need to get support to intervene to get the other accounts unverified and prove you are the rightful claimant that should be managing the accounts now.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
Linda Buquet Between a Rock and a Hard Place on Google Local - Rebranding or Moving? Moving or Name Changes 12
Scott Rawlins Google Testing Moving Directional Local Info Panel Back into Search Results Local Search 0
Daniel C Berman Client Moved - Google+ Local shows updated Address but Old Location Help & Support for Google Local 15
L New "Business Moved" Feature for Google+ Local Listings Moving or Name Changes 60
Linda Buquet New "Business Moved" Feature for Google+ Local Listings Moving or Name Changes 60
L Google+ Local How to Move or Rebrand Local Listing Moving or Name Changes 0
Linda Buquet Google+ Local How to Move or Rebrand Local Listing Moving or Name Changes 0
L Google FINALLY Releases How to Move Local Listing Help Doc Moving or Name Changes 31
Linda Buquet Google FINALLY Releases How to Move Local Listing Help Doc Moving or Name Changes 31
SmallBizGeek Google forums moving to new platform - save your old content Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
JoyHawkins Google Posts Moving to the Bottom of the Knowledge Panel? Local Search 4
N Google listing only appears when I move / zoom in or out of the map Local Search 5
G Adding Roads, Editing Road Names & Moving Pins in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Priya Chandra Google moving into the Fitness realm (kind of) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tim Colling Rude call from Google employee (?) and moved office gets marked as closed Local Search 5
James Watt Google Partner help forum moved to new Google forum platform Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L Moving Your Office Without Losing your Google Rankings - Joy Hawkins Moving or Name Changes 6
Linda Buquet Moving Your Office Without Losing your Google Rankings - Joy Hawkins Moving or Name Changes 6
Linda Buquet Heads Up - Google Either Moving OR Removing Search Location Setting Local Search 53
Linda Buquet Google Business Forum: Moving to New Google Advertiser Community & New Platform Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google Moves Google Maps Embed Code Again - Here is where to find it! Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet New Google Tool: Move YouTube Channel to Different Google+ Page Marketing 2
L Should I wait till after I move to create google listings? Local Search 3
L Moving Google+ Pages to New Account Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Matthew Newman Google moving listings out of the Places for Business Dashboard? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Google Places Troubleshooter MOVED NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
MattCheah Google Places Troubleshooter MOVED NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
Linda Buquet New Option - Move Google Reviews Local Reviews 8
Linda Buquet Google Shakeup: Mapping & Commerce Unit Splits, Jeff Huber Moves On Google My Business & Google Maps 5
L NEW Google Update - New Features for Business Moves Moving or Name Changes 0
Linda Buquet NEW Google Update - New Features for Business Moves Moving or Name Changes 0
Chris Ratchford UHGGG. Client moved to new location- Now Google maps to residential neighborhood Help & Support for Google Local 8
L Yay! PERMANENTLY CLOSED - Moved Business - Google Update Moving or Name Changes 8
Linda Buquet Yay! PERMANENTLY CLOSED - Moved Business - Google Update Moving or Name Changes 8
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
lincolnchan What to do when one business acquires another and moves into their location? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Jeffrey Marking GMB as moved Moving or Name Changes 6
Jason_Parks1 Moving Locations Google My Business & Google Maps 4
jpayne7 Business Moved Before GMB Verification (Postcard is Being Sent to Old Location) Moving or Name Changes 7
AndySimpson Your insights are moving - New Look for Insight Reports NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 7
A LSAs Moving to Auction Paid Search and Local Service Ads 12
Jim Froling Moving to a Containing Location Moving or Name Changes 5
rossdunn Verifying Business Moving Guidelines All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
SmallBizGeek Moved a business to a new address, but no confirmation PIN? Moving or Name Changes 1
M Business Suspended for Using Virtual Address, Moving to New Real Location Moving or Name Changes 4
raellovepie Map Snippet - KP under Popular Times | GMB moving it down? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Zdenek Horak Spam Moving company stehovanikutilek.cz Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Caroline S Maps Results Moving Down The Page? Anyone Else Seeing This ? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
mikepetersonwi Temporary move? Moving or Name Changes 1