More threads by klharris08

klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi SEO World,

So I can't make heads or tails of how "Food Ordering" in GMB works. It seems to be all over the place.

Scenario 1: Some locations have an off/on button some do not. Does anybody know why? I've included examples of the button and no button scenarios. Exact same brand, some GMB profiles have the option, some do not.

Scenario 2: When the button exists, if I click "off" - Google is still displaying the "Order Online" button and sending users into the "food.google.com" experience. I thought by clicking "Food Ordering" off this should not allow this button and would not send people to food.google.com?

Is all this new? In the SERP example there is a blue banner that says "new" - so I'm thinking that this whole process just changed a lot.

Thanks,

--Kyle

Button.jpg

No Button.jpg

Shouldn't Be.jpg

Experience.jpg

Hi Kyle,

This feature has changed a lot of the last 1 - 2 years and I still don't understand it completely. I *believe* the food ordering button controls the ability to link to the business' or other 3rd party apps directly while turning it off, would basically allow Google to activate their food ordering option. So yes, completely confusing, it doesn't actually turn it off, it just toggles the experience.

I will add that the behavior can still vary, and when i've asked support in the past they said you would have to ask the 3rd party delivery tools about this :cautious:

If the above makes sense, then I think we can assume the behavior. The button only appears if the 3rd parties have linked to your Google Business Profile. Otherwise it would default to the Google Food Ordering behavior. However, if you are still seeing something completely different, try posting on the Google My Business forum and share the link and we will see if we can push for additional insight.

Cheers,

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom