More threads by joegrape

joegrape

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Anyone ever heard of RealWork Labs? We are hearing a pitch by them on Friday.

What I can determine from just reading the website, it appears to be an app that a contractor uses to take pictures of a job and through which the customer posts a review (I assume, it is not clear from the website). Then that gets posted on the GBP and turned into a map on the contractor's website on which the jobs are plotted.

Visually it is an interesting way to present the reviews.

There is also a dashboard component that takes the standard GBP data and enhances it. For example, since their app has GPS data linked to the review, they offer analysis by zip code.

Where I don't quite get it is that they make this claim:

"Checking in to job sites tells Google and other search engines where you’re working, contextualizes your photos and reviews, and gives you organic credit at the local level. So, the next time someone nearby searches for your service, you show up where it matters most."

I don't understand what "organic credit at the local level" refers to. Does Google use the location from which the review was submitted as a ranking factor? And if so, wouldn't that association happen anyway without this company's app? I mean, Google knows from the GPS data of the reviewer's phone where he or she is. And Google knows what business the reviewer is leaving a review for.

Richard

Last edited:
Yes for sure any benefits from the customer posting a review are there without the app. The app cannot create a benefit that isn't available. If all the app postings look the same it might not seem organic, that might be worth verifying.

Hey everyone,

Anyone ever heard of RealWork Labs? We are hearing a pitch by them on Friday.

What I can determine from just reading the website, it appears to be an app that a contractor uses to take pictures of a job and through which the customer posts a review (I assume, it is not clear from the website). Then that gets posted on the GBP and turned into a map on the contractor's website on which the jobs are plotted.

Visually it is an interesting way to present the reviews.

There is also a dashboard component that takes the standard GBP data and enhances it. For example, since their app has GPS data linked to the review, they offer analysis by zip code.

Where I don't quite get it is that they make this claim:

"Checking in to job sites tells Google and other search engines where you’re working, contextualizes your photos and reviews, and gives you organic credit at the local level. So, the next time someone nearby searches for your service, you show up where it matters most."

I don't understand what "organic credit at the local level" refers to. Does Google use the location from which the review was submitted as a ranking factor? And if so, wouldn't that association happen anyway without this company's app? I mean, Google knows from the GPS data of the reviewer's phone where he or she is. And Google knows what business the reviewer is leaving a review for.

Richard

I would look at their Google reviews and check what people say on the BBB.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom