More threads by nathangdavidson

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey,

I used to use Google My Business Marketing Kit all the time to promote my clients Google reviews through Google Posts.

It was great, but for a while now it hasn't worked for Service Area Businesses.

Has anyone else noticed this?

You don't get the option to choose the review you want to promote.

You still can for regular GMB profiles, but they don't always show the most recently posted reviews, but that's another story.

it was such a useful feature to show I was promoting Google reviews for my clients, but despite contacting support more than once, nothing has changed.

Does anyone use something else for promoting their clients reviews in Google Posts?

I'll have to revert to using the 'What's new' Post template, but it feels like such a shame when the marketing Kit tool just needs to be fixed!!

Apologies for venting my spleen here.

Thanks!

Hi Nathan. I thought that marketing kit was just for downloading promotional material to print out. In your post you mentioned that it promoted reviews for you, can you please tell me what that entailed?

Sure thing, once you've entered the Business Name, scroll down the homepage to the 'Freshen up your feed' section, and click Customize underneath one of the three default Google Post templates.

Then you can go through the motions of selecting the excerpt from the review you want to promote on your GMB profile.

Pretty neat.

But it's not working for SAB's as far as I can tell.

When I try to tell them it falls on deaf ears.

Google's Map API doesn't pull over any attributes for SABs which may be why it isn't working.

SAB:
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 12.46.06 PM.png

Physical location (scrolled down to the reviews attributions):
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 12.49.14 PM.png

I tried customizing a non-SAB business last week and was also not able to choose the individual review (used to be 3 too awhile ago I think).

Social media images/post copy still there.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom