crzSEOM

Reaction score
Hello-

I have a client whose GBP is showing as a Hotel; however, they are an Apartment Complex (categories are Apartment Complex and Apartment Rental Agency). They went through a rebrand at the beginning of 2021. When I search their old name, there are a ton of citations that have not been updated. It looks likes before the rebrand, the building was a Hotel (then turned apartment complex). Would going through and updating all the citations help reflect their GBP accordingly? The client and I have reached out to GBP support numerous times, but they could not provide any feedback/a solution. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
It has been inserted onto a "hotel" profile layout:
  1. Ads are a dead give away
  2. Cant get CID from - company info extension (they cant retried hotel CIDs)
3. On Google Travel:
https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/Lake%20%26%20Wells%20Apartments/entity/ChYIwNmh[…]SAI&ap=MABoAA&ved=0CAAQ5JsGahcKEwjgktHn9eH1AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

This is most likely the 3rd party that triggered the change:
Oakwood 200 Squared, Chicago Latest Price & Reviews of Global Hotels 2022 | Trip.com

Trip is Google Travels new best aggregator friend and I guess Google could not find a profile to match and just used the address.

Support will have to untangle the profile from a hotel profile.

screenshot-www.google.com-2022.02.02-21_12_15.jpg

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Can you clarify where Google is showing it as a hotel? Can you share the URL of the listing and perhaps a screenshot of where you're seeing them refer to it as a hotel?

Solutions
Reaction score
It has been inserted onto a "hotel" profile layout:
  1. Ads are a dead give away
  2. Cant get CID from - company info extension (they cant retried hotel CIDs)
3. On Google Travel:
https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/Lake%20%26%20Wells%20Apartments/entity/ChYIwNmh[…]SAI&ap=MABoAA&ved=0CAAQ5JsGahcKEwjgktHn9eH1AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

This is most likely the 3rd party that triggered the change:
Oakwood 200 Squared, Chicago Latest Price & Reviews of Global Hotels 2022 | Trip.com

Trip is Google Travels new best aggregator friend and I guess Google could not find a profile to match and just used the address.

Support will have to untangle the profile from a hotel profile.

screenshot-www.google.com-2022.02.02-21_12_15.jpg

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom