More threads by Cordell Crowley

Reaction score
Not sure if Apple Maps has had a horrible glitch or if this is on purpose, but all of our listings we have claimed have disappeared from our Apple Business Register account. Logging into all 3 of our Apple accounts (we use one for each division we have so as not to clutter one sole account) and all 3 of them have zero claimed listings now. I've submitted tickets for each account to Apple Support to see if they can provide any insight into what has happened, but wanted to post here as a bit of a PSA to anybody else who uses Apple Business Register to claim client listings and to see if it's affected anyone else.

One other thing is that when claiming a business listing now, it pops up a new screen to input our business information first so Apple knows who is claiming the listing and how we're related to the business. This is my first time seeing this, and I'm wondering if this extra bit of verification is what's related to all previously-claimed listings disappearing... Here's a screenshot of it:

Apple Verification.jpg

After completing this step, the rest of the inputting information for the client and verifying the claim with a phonecall is same as normal.

I am not sure if Apple is sending you a message or you and Apple have your wires crossed but Apple is noting on the Place Card in Maps that this location is permanently closed

Image from iOS.jpg

Was there a change to any Yelp profiles of the businesses? Like new profiles being created or older ones being closed?

I've had issues like this cause a lot of problems in Apple Maps.

Having the same issue with one of our locations showing permanently closed. Everytime I try and login to the Mapsconnect.apple.com to manage the listing the site times out after I enter the 2 step verification. Anyone know of a way to resovle this quickly?

Has anyone had an issue with manual verification using a utility bill? It seems like all of the utility bills I submit are getting denied. Does anyone know what bills should be submitted for approval or have any more information on what I should be doing?

Has anyone had an issue with manual verification using a utility bill? It seems like all of the utility bills I submit are getting denied. Does anyone know what bills should be submitted for approval or have any more information on what I should be doing?

I have had that issue as well and never could find an answer as to why. I just had to try other utility bills. One thing I found is the name/address of the business needs to be visible on the utility bill and match the current business name online. I have no real proof this is needed but the ones that got rejected for me didn't have it, and I'm having good luck with them now.

I have a few times had to submit 4 different utility bills before it was accepted. Went through, Internet, Water, Power, and Internet, and Gas was finally the one that was accepted. But most of the time any of those works for me.

I have not had a lot of luck getting direct or quick answers from anyone at Apple Support but if it keeps happening I would try contacting them.

But sometimes the trick for Apple Maps is just retrying until it works. If you still can't get it to work I would remove the listing from your profile and create a brand new profile for the business and try to verify that one. Over time the unverified one will get removed, it will just take some time.

Not much but hope that helps a bit.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom