SEOstan

Reaction score
A Honda automotive client of mine brought forth an issue where their Parts & Service hours (listed under the regular hours) was incorrect. This was news to me as these Parts & Service hours had never been shown before. Further research led me to find out that this was because there was a secondary Parts & Service GMB listing for that dealership listed at the same location (not officially run or related to the business, mind you, nobody was running it), and thus seemingly the proper GMB had swallowed up those hours.

I assumed this was just a duplicate listing and I could go through the proper protocol in marking it as such. But then with a little more cursory research I found this was the case with a number of Honda dealerships across Canada. Where they had their primary GMB listing, and another Parts or Service or both listing at the same location (but again, not an officially related one run by that business), and clicking on them lists them as “Located in: ‘the dealership name.’ Examples for this include Winnipeg Honda, Alberta Honda, Calgary Honda, Ottawa Honda and so on.

These duplicate or additional listings seem relatively buried, don’t really seem to be affecting the main GMB (outside of my issue at the outset of this post, causing me to post this whole thing). It would be one thing if it was just one of these dealerships, but it seems a whole bunch of Honda dealerships have this specific issue, for whatever reason.

I know there’s some related issues regarding dealership service/parts departments listings showing up over the main listing currently going on, but does anybody have any idea why these listings exist en mass like this in the first place? Especially since they’re not official business listings. And if anything special should or needs to be done as to why they all are situated like this? Or, if I should just treat them as any unnecessary or needed duplicate listing and work to get rid of them that way? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul Lappage

Reaction score
Sometimes there may be additional contact details feeds direct from the OEM - could this have caused an overwrite? Has happened a bunch around dealer hours and changes to them with the pandemic.

Paul Lappage

Reaction score
Oh, and you do need to go in and 'claim' each department accordingly - Service, Parts, Quick Lube, Collision Repair, etc. and optimize all of the accordingly.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Gerry.Foster Help With Automotive Departments displaying correctly Help & Support for Google Local 2
Mike Yem Automotive Department Citations Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
D Multiple Departments at a single address - Automotive Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Mike Yem Automotive - 3rd Party Links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Garrett Sussman How to Build Perfect Listings On Automotive Industry Review Sites Local Reviews 4
R Car Dealerships Multi Listings by department Multi-Location Issues 4
patrick6411 One per brand, plus one for entire dealership, plus one for sales and one for the parts department Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Gerry.Foster Dealership Service Centers - New Area Based Services because of Covid. Service Area Businesses 1
Ellen Car Dealership Service Department Listings Showing for Brand Search Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Durandl Car dealer with two dealership almost next to each other Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Aly Kurtz Car Dealerships and Addresses on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 4
HangTenSEO 2 dealerships - Only 1 displays on Maps in the initial search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Ellen Separate Addresses for Car Dealership and its Service Department Google My Business & Google Maps 8
D Linking question for car dealerships Local Search 4
J Doctors who are part of a practice, but also work at 3 hospitals Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Can I have a perminant CALL NOW button as part of the Three-pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
shawnseoblog I'm glad that I am part of here Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 4
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 2 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 1 Google My Business & Google Maps 12
S Schema: part 1. Is schema code effective when inserted into the body of a page, not into a header Multi-Location Issues 2
L Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Part 2 - More Tips Local Content 2
Linda Buquet Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Part 2 - More Tips Local Content 2
L Multi-Location Local SEO: Problems & Optimization Tips - 2 Part Series Multi-Location Issues 4
Linda Buquet Multi-Location Local SEO: Problems & Optimization Tips - 2 Part Series Multi-Location Issues 4
S Reputation App - Easily Sell To Your Clients/Offer As Part Of Your Services Recycle Bin 0
Chris Ratchford Looking for a part-time contractor for SEO/ web work Recycle Bin 2