More threads by socialadsintexas

Reaction score
Hello,

Using Google Search Ads. I was told by an expert that I needed to have a bid limit set for my full campaign (I had it set to auto maximize by Google). I asked and was told that I needed to run the keyword tool on all keywords and find the low and max. Is this valid?

If so, could I use the average of my keywords? In this case - see screenshot, my average would be $1.69.

Also, I see the display network is bringing me only 2 clicks, so would you recommend I get rid of the display network?

Thanks!

average click.jpg

If you are talking about setting a Default max. CPC bid, they cannot be set at the Campaign or Account level. These bids can only be set at the ad group or keyword level. Also, you need to be running a campaign using a Manual CPC or Target ROAS bidding strategy. Keyword bids aren't applicable to smart bidding strategies.

You don't want to use the average shown above, because if you specified that as your max CPC, any keyword in your ad group over that amount would not be shown and you could be eliminating potential conversions. I agree with following the advice of looking in the keyword tool to determine the average cost for your ad to show on searches for a keyword.

If you are talking about setting a Default max. CPC bid, they cannot be set at the Campaign or Account level. These bids can only be set at the ad group or keyword level. Also, you need to be running a campaign using a Manual CPC or Target ROAS bidding strategy. Keyword bids aren't applicable to smart bidding strategies.

You don't want to use the average shown above, because if you specified that as your max CPC, any keyword in your ad group over that amount would not be shown and you could be eliminating potential conversions. I agree with following the advice of looking in the keyword tool to determine the average cost for your ad to show on searches for a keyword.

Understood. I see how I could be losing clicks on keywords over $1.69. I actually looked up the avg CPC on the keyword planner tool for a keyword I want to target for and the average cpc was $2.49, so I would be losing clicks ...I appreciate the guidance!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom