Tom_Snow310

Reaction score
Since Google serves local results for my client's target KWs, their site needs city pages in order to grow.

Either local businesses or directories of local businesses currently rank for the target KWs.

My client is neither of those. They refer users to local businesses. So they have no brick and mortar addresses in each target city, nor the ability to list a directory of local businesses.

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I need to ensure that each city page has valuable, unique and geo-specific content, despite the fact that they won't feature an actual directory for contacting businesses now (what users really want).

In other words:

A) Is unique text with info about the city that pertains to the search intent enough? Or will they be flagged as doorway pages?

B) Are their any creative ways to ensure each page has unique and valuable content?

Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Ryan77 Creating Local SEO Content (Avoiding Doorway Pages) Local Search 17
L 25 Local Landing Page Principles to Avoid Google Doorway Problems - by Phil Multi-Location Issues 0
Linda Buquet 25 Local Landing Page Principles to Avoid Google Doorway Problems - by Phil Multi-Location Issues 0
zach.todd Avoiding GMB Suspensions Google My Business & Google Maps 1
SteinCoffee How to design content strategy to avoid filtering? Organic SEO 1
V Is There A Way To Avoid Google Confirmation Text/Calls? Local Search 5
djbaxter Google Maps adds 'Avoid Exes' route option Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Garrett Sussman 4 Self-Destructive Review Management Worst Practices To Avoid Local Reviews 0
H Tips for avoiding the Hall of Shame and the wrath of the SEO Police? Spam on Google 3
Linda Buquet 10 Common Mistakes To Avoid On Local Websites by Greg Gifford Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Warning: GMB Verification Problems - Time Saving Advice to Avoid Frustration Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet How to Avoid & Solve Local SEO Client Conflicts - For Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 0
Mark Warner Would you Ever Avoid a Brand Name with "1st" In It? Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Genesee College Advises Avoid Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet How To Avoid Getting Your Google+ Business Account Suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Avoiding the Google Local Review Filter Help & Support for Google Local 4
Linda Buquet Tips for Avoiding the Googe+ Local Review Spam Filter Local Search 2
djbaxter Google: City Landing Pages Can Be Doorway Pages & Against Guidelines Local Search 11
M Are these doorway pages? multiple city and state pages? Local Search 11
whiz What's the Late-2018 verdict on doorway pages? Local Search 4
J Is this an example of spam and doorway pages? They have dozens of these yet rank Local Search 13
J Doorway pages working like its 1999 Spam on Google 0
L Google Local: Multi-Location Doorways for Chains and Franchises Multi-Location Issues 2
Linda Buquet Google Local: Multi-Location Doorways for Chains and Franchises Multi-Location Issues 2
Linda Buquet Is that a Local Doorway Page or a Local Landing Page? Nifty Tips from Nifty Lance Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Google Warns about Doorway Page Algo Update - Could Affect Local Google My Business & Google Maps 16
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
k.ivanova Wikipedia page associated with old brand KP Ranking Puzzles 2
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Site has higher DA and more backlinks than sites on 1st page and still not on 1st page Local Search 5
djbaxter Core Web Vitals and the Page Experience Update Google Algorithm Discussions 7
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
E Issues with managing business pages on Facebook Citations 3
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NexstarNickR Wikipedia pages Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
N 54 city pages for small business website Local Search 7
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
sixthcitysarah Anyone know much on in-page PHP coded redirects? Websites, Software, and Security 1
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
A Facebook page rating keeps fluctuating Local Reviews 5
ChristianRdz Page Title & Meta Description On No-Index Pages Organic SEO 9
C Help with service page optimization Organic SEO 20
H For many queries, the home page shows up - not the targetted page Local Search 2
djbaxter Google Page Experience Signals for Ranking Apply Only to Mobile Organic SEO 0
H Home page and create map Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Page experience: Now a new Google ranking factor Organic SEO 0
Ben Walsh Near me on page optimization Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
C About Us page Local Content 3
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5