More threads by marcvulns

marcvulns

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here. And experts from this forum say - it is better to get backlinks from local website within your community, area or state/city.

So, I'm unsure if news sites with ads (adsense) like the one below are worth getting backlinks from even with the high DA of 60?
londonnewsonline . co .uk (site without the spaces - I don't want to break forum rules)

I'm trying do SEO and build backlink profile for a roofing company based in Greenwich, London where competition is moderate.

So, I'm not sure if the above site is a good example of local backlinks since Greenwich is an area/suburb/borough in London with approximately 300k population.

Finally, what are the downside of getting backlinks from such sites and any recommendation would be appreciated.

Solution
You can ignore DA.

IMHO, Adsense isn't necessarily disqualifying. That said, it can be a good filter. I'd look for more topically / geographically relevant "real" sites. Is "londonnewsonline" a "real" recognized news site? If not, probably skip.

I'd also make sure you're listed in major "roofing" directories (probably more likely trade directories more generally). Particularly the ones that rank for relevant queries (i.e. roofing companies near greenwich london, etc).

You might also check the backlink profiles of local competitors that rank for target queries. Here's one worth examining: rjevansroofing .com

See how they're acquiring links.

Good luck!
You can ignore DA.

IMHO, Adsense isn't necessarily disqualifying. That said, it can be a good filter. I'd look for more topically / geographically relevant "real" sites. Is "londonnewsonline" a "real" recognized news site? If not, probably skip.

I'd also make sure you're listed in major "roofing" directories (probably more likely trade directories more generally). Particularly the ones that rank for relevant queries (i.e. roofing companies near greenwich london, etc).

You might also check the backlink profiles of local competitors that rank for target queries. Here's one worth examining: rjevansroofing .com

See how they're acquiring links.

Good luck!

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom