katandmouse

Reaction score
I thought this is an interesting read for local seo and reviews

Oh my goodness. I agree with Eoghan. This is a dangerous precedent but I'm not entirely against it either. This is "another scam solicitor" shouldn't be allowed on review platforms. Maybe they should have sued Trustpilot instead.

Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. I agree with Eoghan. This is a dangerous precedent but I'm not entirely against it either. This is "another scam solicitor" shouldn't be allowed on review platforms. Maybe they should have sued Trustpilot instead.
@JoyHawkins I would be interested to hear your opinion here. It makes me think about people leaving negative reviews on GMB.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Whenever I've seen a business attempt to sue a customer for a bad review, it generally backfires. That looks like what's happening here as well as people are blasting their Google listings right now with negative reviews.

1612983496629.png

Reaction score
Whenever I've seen a business attempt to sue a customer for a bad review, it generally backfires. That looks like what's happening here as well as people are blasting their Google listings right now with negative reviews.
Streisand effect in action! When will people learn? The best way to respond to a bad review is professionally and apologetically, even if the customer was in the wrong.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
raellovepie Local Grid - Excel (Poor Man's) Version Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Happy Birthday to my Right Hand Man - Colan Nielsen Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 9
Blake Denman Come on man, get creative! Spam on Google 3
S What backlink work for a client paying $500 and $1000 a month? Consultant's Corner 8
JoyHawkins Free Webinar: Is Pay-to-Play the Future of Google My Business? Events 1
G Backlinks like local BBB and local area chambers of commerce worth paying for? Local Search 25
Linda Buquet Welcome to the New Adwords, PPC & Google Pay-to-Play Forum Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Tim Colling Cheesy "pay for review" outreach on behalf of Moz Local Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Local SEO & Adwords: Pay-To-Play Looming - Will you Offer Adwords Management? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
K Google Testing 100% Pay-To-Play Nearby Local Business Ads At Top of SERPs Paid Search and Local Service Ads 20
Linda Buquet 5 Google My Business Dashboard Warnings you Need to Pay Attention To Google My Business & Google Maps 0
P Local Search -- the new Pay-to-Play eco-system Local Search 8
Adamk Pay Per Click Conversation about Reach Local Recycle Bin 22
JoyHawkins A Directory's Approach to Doing Business: Pay us or we delete your free listings! Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JacobPuhl More Users are Clicking on Pay Per Click Ads? Seems YES Local Search 0
Travis Van Slooten When Does It Make Sense To Pay for Premium Placement on Directory Sites? Local Search 14
R I'll pay for help. Over my head Help & Support for Google Local 13