More threads by mattrigg

mattrigg

Reaction score
Hey all,
I feel like I had a good understanding of this a few years ago, but what's the best practice for creating an original content asset and linking?

My example is - we build an infographic associated with data from a local government agency. We posted it directly on social - it did great. Should we have posted this on our website and shared it from there - with optimized titles, etc.? What's the biggest 'bang for our local SEO buck' here?

Thanks to all in advance!

Hey all,
I feel like I had a good understanding of this a few years ago, but what's the best practice for creating an original content asset and linking?

My example is - we build an infographic associated with data from a local government agency. We posted it directly on social - it did great. Should we have posted this on our website and shared it from there - with optimized titles, etc.? What's the biggest 'bang for our local SEO buck' here?

Thanks to all in advance!
Hi Matt,
Wherever possible I try and make sure that the actual content is located on the website itself so you get the benefit of people visiting the site with the benefit of 1/ them spending a considerable amount of time on that page consuming the content, (improving average duration on site) and 2/ them also then the high likelihood that they will engage with your other content, sign up to a newsletter, place an enquiry etc.
This can be more challenging say with an infographic rather than say an article, where you can post only part of the article as a taster. However, with the infographic situation you have, you could propose for them to visit the site to see maybe previous infographics say on an archive. In fact if you had this resource you could create more infographics comparing year vs year, month vs month etc.
I hope that helps. Let me know how you get on.

Hey thank you very much Guy - that is very helpful! That's what my 'gut' was telling me as well. We will most definitely try to do it this way moving forward. Thanks for your time and insight!

Just shooting an idea out... what if you put a large watermark on the image, or alter it in some way when you share via social media, while the original clean image is posted on your website. That may get a higher percentage of people linking to the original article than using the social media post?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom