More threads by greenfiend

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I'm filling out my GMB listing, under Service Areas, is it better to input the individual cities I service (or go as far as to do business), or would it be equally effective for my listing in locals if I input just the county as a general catch-all area that I service?

Solution
@greenfiend, it doesn't seem to matter for rankings purposes either way, because the whole "service areas" field doesn't seem to affect rankings. So I'd specify the county, just because it's a little easier to add to (if your service area expands) or modify.
The service areas that you choose in Google My Business only determine where the red highlighted area on the map will be. They have no optimization value so it doesn’t matter how you input them.

@greenfiend, it doesn't seem to matter for rankings purposes either way, because the whole "service areas" field doesn't seem to affect rankings. So I'd specify the county, just because it's a little easier to add to (if your service area expands) or modify.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom