More threads by NickB-Tampa

NickB-Tampa

Reaction score
We would like to get the priceRange field added to structured data for our service industry clients so as to resolve the recommended <property> warning that comes up in the Rich Results tool.

The problem which arises is that service providers' fees are often so relative that it's difficult to place a minimum or maximum price on their services.

Is it worthwhile to try and still get something in that field, even if it's just a ballpark estimate of the lowest and highest fees they've charged in the past? While some articles I have read have made it clear that these recommended properties aren't make or break, I've read elsewhere (such as this piece) that including them can have a significant impact on your eligibility to appear in results.

Here's my opinion on this. Schema is to let Google understand a few elements about your website that might be translated differently if taken literally. Schema is also used to be shown as Structured Data in SERP.

So if you use both those reasons as your goal to fill the priceRange field - my answer would be, it is ok to leave it as a warning if you really can't define the minimum and maximum price.

1. I've never seen priceRange used anywhere to move the needle with Local SEO. Having 1 warning is ok if you really don't want to define it.
2. LocalBusiness schema is not used as much as Structured Data especially when you already have your GMB Profile. It even says in the article you linked that their only reason for defining it is to increase the rate of showing it as Structured Data.

TLDR - you're ok leaving it as a warning.

Here's my opinion on this. Schema is to let Google understand a few elements about your website that might be translated differently if taken literally. Schema is also used to be shown as Structured Data in SERP.

So if you use both those reasons as your goal to fill the priceRange field - my answer would be, it is ok to leave it as a warning if you really can't define the minimum and maximum price.

1. I've never seen priceRange used anywhere to move the needle with Local SEO. Having 1 warning is ok if you really don't want to define it.
2. LocalBusiness schema is not used as much as Structured Data especially when you already have your GMB Profile. It even says in the article you linked that their only reason for defining it is to increase the rate of showing it as Structured Data.

TLDR - you're ok leaving it as a warning.
Thanks, I appreciate the input!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom