More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
A reader today brought to my attention the fact that in Google Chrome (recent 90.x version) he was unable to load any of the posts on my website (it is based on the WordPress platform and has been updated to the latest version of WordPress, as have all plugins). Static pages were loading fine. Posts were just displaying a blank page.

Everything was working normally in Firefox. I checked in my versions of Chrome and Edge and could confirm that static pages loaded normally but none of my posts were loading.

I checked several settings and nothing seemed to help.

I then tried updating Chrome to the latest version (90.0.4430.72) and cleared my Chrome browser history. Now everything works normally again in Chrome.

I then updated Edge to the latest version (90.0.818.41) and cleared browser history: That did not work. The bug still persists in Edge.

I don't know if the bug affects any other platforms or how widespread it is.

@Phil Rozek I wonder if this might explain the issue you were having yesterday with the Local Search Forum site?

I think the problem is not from the browsers. There is unclosed style. Try to disable the "Reading Time WP" plugin.

unclosed_style_element.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom