Reaction score
Hello Local Experts!

I have a dealership client who has different hours in the summer and winter. With winter coming up, they updated the website and GMB with the new winter hours; however, I was curious how this will affect our citation building efforts?

Has anyone else gone through a similar issue with clients and have experience with on-going citation work?
Thanks!!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about hour variances on most citations. Focus on the ones that actually send referral traffic to your website and keep those updated.

I'd make sure Express Update is correct since that one could actually impact the data Google uses.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah, you won't mess up your listings or mess up your rankings just by changing your hours on the more-visible directories.

If your summer hours differ dramatically from your winter hours, you might consider leaving your hours blank on all but the most-visible local directories (e.g. Yelp or DealerRater). The hours are optional anyway.

dannanelli

Reaction score
Hello Local Experts!

I have a dealership client who has different hours in the summer and winter. With winter coming up, they updated the website and GMB with the new winter hours; however, I was curious how this will affect our citation building efforts?

Has anyone else gone through a similar issue with clients and have experience with on-going citation work?
Thanks!!

Genna, I'd say the same as Joy and Phil. I don't believe hour variances are a big deal on citations. The only tip I can add is that if someone found the wrong hours somewhere and showed up to the business when they weren't open, that could be irritating. Joy mentioned "Focus on the ones that actually send referral traffic to your website and keep those updated." which is great advice. If you don't want to do the manual labor required for that, Yext allows you to update citations in bulk, quickly.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
dje0624 Dr. name or business name for citation building (solo practioner) Help & Support for Google Local 7
L Citation-building Only - As a Business? Consultant's Corner 16
bluehabit Building Citations with no Physical Business Location? Citations 7
Oliver Keates Building Citations to a webpage Citations 2
Oliver Keates Possible conflict of building duplicate citations Citations 9
Oleg Donets Citations building for SABs with hidden addresses NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
vivekrpatel Should we build citation for lifestyle blog/magazine? Citations 9
L Thoughts on NAP / Citation building Quantity vs Quality ? Local Search 3
J Full address or just the city when building citations? Local Search 5
O Moving From CA To NV USA should I risk citation building SAB w/ a Virtual Office? Service Area Businesses 3
onebluesummer Moving From CA To NV USA should I risk citation building SAB w/ a Virtual Office? Service Area Businesses 3
Ajay Prasad Why You Need to Find All Your NAP Variations Before Building Local Citations Local Search 1
Nick Rink State of UK citation building services Citations 2
JustinB Discussion: Local Link Building and Citations LLB Guide Local Search 1
heckler Extreme(ist) Citation Building? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 6
BWrightTLM Best Service for Citation Building Citations 13
B Citation Building - Include Bing Places & Apple Maps? Citations 1
Gsmithmike What is the best citation building tool that can also delete duplicates? Local SEO Tools & Software 6
Linda Buquet Epic Citation Building Resource by Max Minzer Citations 3
D Fixing/Building Local Citations - The Options... Citations 4
Linda Buquet Monster List of Citation Building Sources & New Ideas Citations 4
Linda Buquet Local Citation Building Strategies - The Complete List Citations 4
Colan Nielsen Citation Building With Merchant Circle Citations 8
Linda Buquet Big List Citation Building Strategies Citations 12
Mike Wilton What's Your Approach to Local Listing & Citation Building Workflow? Local Search 5
Local Search News Curator Webinar: Enhanced Local Citation Building Recycle Bin 0
Eric Rohrback Outsource vs In House Citation building Citations 6
Phil Rozek 43 tips for citation-building Citations 7
Linda Buquet Comparison Between Manual Citation Building and Yext by Nyagoslav Citations 10
Nick.SEOSpark Finding and Building Citations Like an Agency Citations 5
Colan Nielsen How To Train New Citation Building Staff Consultant's Corner 5
Nick.SEOSpark Excellent Guide on Citation Building from Nygoslav! Citations 4
seoprrocket Top Citation Building Submission Service for Cheap Recycle Bin 0
seoprrocket Citation Building Submission Service Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet WhiteSpark Launches Citation Building Submission Service Local SEO Tools & Software 11
NevenaIvanova Brand Visibility Issue Caused by Building Entity Google My Business & Google Maps 2
bczubiak Dental website using W E O Media Template Website.. ditch it and build a new one? Local Search 1
Brian Barwig Unconventional Approaches to Local Link Building Local Search 0
J Tutorial Q&A Link Building for DA & Referral Traffic Organic SEO 2
Jim Froling Great Link Building Lessons by Base Academy Recycle Bin 0
MKubot Inside Medical Building (with bad reviews) Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
B Link building anchor text for local rankings 2020 Organic SEO 1
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S [CMcreator] A new SEO Link Building Tool (2020) Recycle Bin 0
M GMB link to homepage instead of building location pages to link to? Multi-Location Issues 8
R If You Were Building a Service Company Website Local Search 6
O 4 Different Businesses Same Building Google My Business & Google Maps 14
S SEO - New Cities - Build on existing page or new URL Organic SEO 9
vivekrpatel Local Link Building with Content Local Search 25
djbaxter Google: BBB or Other Trust Building Sites not used for Ranking Organic SEO 12