More threads by Wary Goose

Wary Goose

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone else with a bulk-verified GBP dashboard (ours has 1100+ locations) noticed that a "Report review" is no longer acknowledged by email as of late?

We used to receive "Report review" email notifcations as recently as February 2024 but since then nothing from Google when a review is reported.

Is this due to linked 3rd party accounts? (we have 4 third-party apps & services, one of them is Podium) Or is this a recent Google review deveopment? We do use Joy's article (How To Remove Negative Reviews from Google My Business (GMB, GBP) - Remove Negative Review from Google Business Profile) as our guide and report/follow up using the "Review tool".

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked the review notification section on a few of the GBPs? Manage your notifications - Computer - Google Business Profile Help

If that is still checked off, I would check in Podium or any of the other 3rd party apps to see if they may be preventing the email notifications. I am not aware of any changes to this on Google's end.

Thank you for responding Elizabeth.

I spot-checked ~10 locations and the slider for Notifications > Customer reviews is "On". I asked one of the locations asking us to report a review whether they reported the same review themselves; they did, so it looks like we're not receiving notifications as we're not the first person to file review reports.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom