More threads by rgblocal

rgblocal

Reaction score
Business is moving its operations to another existing business/brand location (about 10 minutes down the road). That existing business already has a Google Profile and they will be sharing the working space.

What benefit - if any - would it be to mark the current/old listing as moved, instead of closed? When individuals search the brand now, the listing appears as 'closed' - in reality it still exists.

The tricky part here is that the brands are separate, they just happen to operate out of the same space via mutual agreement.

Hey @rgblocal , I think I need a bit of clarification. If they will be sharing the working space, why would you want to mark the listing as closed or moved?

Hey @rgblocal , I think I need a bit of clarification. If they will be sharing the working space, why would you want to mark the listing as closed or moved?

Ideally we don't have to, but the old location is closing.

Not sure how two businesses could share the same address and not trigger some sort of repercussion, even though both are legitimate separate legal entities. Would be a huge hit to lose both listings in an attempt.

Not sure what the best option is here to maintain the current listing, which still appears for branded search, but is closed.

So sorry I'm still not following. I'm not clear on why you would want to maintain a listing for a closed business. Can you share the specific details? If you prefer you can DM me the links to the two listings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom