Durandl

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client who has created multiple GMB listings for his business using the same address, post code and phone number and I am trying to sort it all out.

2 of the listings have 1 review and 1 of them has 13 reviews.

Obviously i want to keep the listing that has 13 reviews and delete the other 2. Keeping the listing with 13 reviews means I will have to update the business name in Google my business because it was originally entered wrongly.

Will the profile need to be verified again? Will my client be able to keep those reviews or will they be deleted?

Thanks

Reaction score
Google's pretty clear about when you can keep your reviews during a rebrand:

Name changes that don't reflect core changes to the business's services aren't eligible for review removal. For example, if Dasha’s Dry Cleaner becomes Dasha’s Super Dry Cleaner, or JFK Limo Service becomes Super JFK Limo, reviews will remain in place.

You will more than likely not be looking at a re-verification from changing the name. That said, you can get Google support on Twitter to transfer all the reviews from all the duplicates to your 'real' business listing as part of your process for consolidating. The 13 review listing isn't the defacto real one just because it has the reviews. Get all the reviews onto your main listing, then merge what you can and delete what you can't until you only have one listing left. Joy has a good go-to of what to do when merging listings.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
Ben Walsh GMB business name keeps getting reverted back to old name after branding change Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
K Google Keeps Changing my Business Name Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Y Will small change of google business name hurt my google business rankings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Oliver Keates Change in GMB Business name for lawyers industry Consultant's Corner 4
Colan Nielsen Google Changes Business Name in Local Knowledge Graph Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Changed Business Name Citations 2
MichaelW What to do with Business Name Change Help & Support for Google Local 3
R Restaurant client claimed previous business and changed name Moving or Name Changes 8
Rich Owings Restaurant client claimed previous business and changed name Moving or Name Changes 8
L Google Changes Business Name To Other Than Legal Name NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
Lloyd Silver Google Changes Business Name To Other Than Legal Name NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
R Company with DBA & Legal Business Names - Changing NAP Listing Data? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
R Company with DBA & Legal Business Names - Changing NAP Listing Data? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Chase Billow Business Name and Website Change - Reviews Disappear Help & Support for Google Local 4
Bishop Citations: Business Name Change question Citations 4
Travis Van Slooten Business Name Change - How To Handle Their Google+ Local Page? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
John Tabita Questions about changing address / business name on local listings Google My Business & Google Maps 9
C Minor Changes to Business Name NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
D Is adding emojis to business name gets penalty from GMB? Local Search 1
SpectateSwamp Long Business Name & Citations Recycle Bin 0
TriciaClements Long Business Name & Citations Citations 9
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
lincolnchan Ideas for outranking competitor with same business name Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
Craig McBreen Two businesses, different names, point to same website Google Duplicates & Merges 1
ianscott Incorrect Business Names/Duplicate Listings - When To Escalate To Spam Report? Spam on Google 1
Paul Stevens Businesses from 120 miles away showing up three-pack for searches that name local town Local Search 20
TammyT Does city in business name increase local pack visibility Local Search 7
Caroline Two GMB pages - same business but different names Google Duplicates & Merges 5
JaredCaraway Another business is using my client's name - best course of action? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
kathleen.rhodes Spam in GMB business name Help & Support for Google Local 7
codyecp Business / State Legal Name vs. Real World Business Name for NAP? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Caroline GMB Business name beats all! NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 10
H Business with Alternative Names - GMB profile options? Local Search 2
Conor Treacy Client Closed Business, now re-opening with same name Moving or Name Changes 4
B Best practice for flagging keyword-stuffed business names Recycle Bin 0
D Keyword Stuffing in Business Names Question Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Oliver Keates Does my GMB short name have to match the business name for my listing to be optimised? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Jared Broussard Google Maps: Business Name Search vs. Business Address Search Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Tim Kahlert Citations Business Name For Multiple Locations Citations 4
S Create a short name & URL for your business Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Monica Simpson Business named after Video Game Ranking Puzzles 3
AndySimpson Unicode used for Business Name Google My Business & Google Maps 15
WAHamilton What's the best way to escalate issues with geo keywords in business names? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Durandl Should I spam my Business name in GMB to rank higher? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Phil Rozek New naming policies for call-only ads - would be nice if applied to Google My Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1