bczubiak

Reaction score
Kind of interesting. The dentist has a brand new website... that's still not completed but has not a .com but a .care. A trend maybe? I have heard that .com's are still the way to go. Thoughts?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
.com is what most consumers will remember so it's always what I suggest. There have been a few studies trying to show that tlds actually impact ranking, even though Google says they don't. Conrad Saam did a good analysis of one of them here: The .law TLD Sales Conspiracy

bczubiak

Reaction score
Nice article. Marketers have been trying to break down .coms into other tlds for a while now. The next closest thing to .com for business is .net and people still hate .net.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
raellovepie Google Messaging shows if it came from KP Quote button. Great for tracking & reply context. Google My Business & Google Maps 0
H Does anybody know what vendor this report came from? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
djbaxter Internet download speeds continue to decline across the globe amid COVID-19 outbreak Websites, Software, and Security 0
J Any tools or platforms that allow for editing and posting across multiple locations/branches? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Tiggerito Unfortunate event has triggered review and image attacks across multiple listings Help & Support for Google Local 6
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
vivekrpatel How to Identify Huge List of GMB Listing Across the Country? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Ted J. Merging Two Business Listings to One Location on Yelp - Moving Reviews Across Listings Local Search 8
JoshuaMackens Client in Airports Across the United States Google My Business & Google Maps 0
BrendanT How are you managing Apple Maps Connect across a bunch of clients? Consultant's Corner 7
R Best Protocol for Closing Locations Across the IYP Ecosystem? Citations 3
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
E Duplicate Content & Use of Canonical Across Site With Multiple Locations Local Search 6
Jim Froling Phone Consistency across citations/aggregators Citations 5
F More than one listing under "Reviews from across the web" Google My Business & Google Maps 7
A Service-Based Companies, UPS Boxes, & Loading across the web Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Online Care SERP Feature - How to Be Included Google Local 101 5
Igor GMB Virtual care link auto updates to wrong URL Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Eoghan_MFeed Do we care about Yahoo Local and MapQuest? Local Search 16
M "Online Care" icon on 3 pack listing: How to get it? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Y One of my rivals bought 5 stars 100 spam reviews in 2 weeks Google does not care Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M GMB Virtual Care Link - Does the URL have to be on the website? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
CarrieHill Get Online Care link showing up on Healthcare listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Bryan Bloom Map Pack & GMB spammed company names - How to Get Google to Care Local Search 12
S Which category & order to use? Optometrist / Eye Care Center NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
Tim Colling Home Care Voice Search Optimization: Alexa Echo Show 2 vs. Google Home Hub (The Winner is Yelp) Local Search 4
P Schema Ideas for Care Home / Retirement Home / Hospice Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling Does Google care about unlicensed businesses that have Maps listings? Local Search 10
Garrett Sussman 5 Types of Online Reviewers and What They Care About Local Reviews 2
Conor Treacy Decor vs D?cor. Does Google care? Organic SEO 6
Linda Buquet Pigeon Crap? Who Cares! 2 Google Pigeon Slide Decks from #StateofSearch Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs Service Area Businesses 8
Linda Buquet Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs Service Area Businesses 8
Linda Buquet New Google Maps App - 5 Reasons Local Businesses Should Care Mobile & Social 2
G Is Google cares about Google maps quality? Recycle Bin 0
A anti aging skin care laser therapy 13184 Recycle Bin 0