Reaction score
Hello,

One of my clients told me that after changing the owner of the listing account, some of their comments are being deleted.
I told them something like that is not possible and even if the comments are being deleted, it could be due to the Map Spam Team's decision.

Do you have any related information or news for this subject?

PKLilikoi

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

One of my clients told me that after changing the owner of the listing account, some of their comments are being deleted.
I told them something like that is not possible and even if the comments are being deleted, it could be due to the Map Spam Team's decision.

Do you have any related information or news for this subject?

If you inherit the listing, you have to inherit it in its current state - all user reviews & photos included. Not sure why reviews would be deleted. Could be due to Google Map Spam team or people removing their review.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Cordell Crowley 3-Day Change of Ownership for a Google Maps listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Greg Bernhardt Increased frequency of listing suspensions for legit changes Google My Business & Google Maps 8
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
NickB-Tampa Why does Google keep updating changing the main category on our listings to ones that don't make as much sense? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
steviephil GMB Support telling me to delete & re-add listing to change its language? Multi-Location Issues 4
Shelly Changing a competitor listing from temporarily closed to permanently closed Google My Business & Google Maps 4
FriarTuck00 Google Keeps Changing Phone Number on Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Travis Van Slooten Client's 3+ Year GMB Listing Uses UPS Address (Leave As-Is or Change)? Moving or Name Changes 6
Tim Colling Address change to "unstick" new GMB listing stuck in "Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 2
vinchenson Would you change the name of a listing that is not optimized? Local Search 4
Dan Foland Anyone else getting email notifications from GMB alerting them of listing changes? Local Search 7
Chaddow Saw a change in some of my restaurant listings for the first time today Google My Business & Google Maps 0
C Google automatically changing times, phone number on listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
G Does Google limit the amount of times you can change GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Travis Van Slooten How to Make an Address Change to Claimed Google Listing (with no access to it) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Tim Colling Angie?s List is now free: What this change means for your business Local Search 4
JoyHawkins Professional Listing with a Name Change Citations 5
M New Change: Google Removing Unverified Listings July 28th Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Tim Colling Changing from listing with address to "service area business" Help & Support for Google Local 10
R Company with DBA & Legal Business Names - Changing NAP Listing Data? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
R Company with DBA & Legal Business Names - Changing NAP Listing Data? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
RobinOctane Actions on Google Listing Changed? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Margaret Ornsby Changes to Pictures next to listings Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Hidden Listings, Local Ranking & Algo Changes with the New Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 11
N Change of address with new Google+ Local listing Moving or Name Changes 2
Nick Rink Change of address with new Google+ Local listing Moving or Name Changes 2
Linda Buquet How the Google+ Local Data Cluster Works & Why Google Changes your Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jim Froling Yodel Claims Client's Places Listing but Dashboard Not Reflecting Changes Help & Support for Google Local 17
L Business Moves - Procedure Changes Again - Just Edit Local Listing Now Moving or Name Changes 10
Linda Buquet Business Moves - Procedure Changes Again - Just Edit Local Listing Now Moving or Name Changes 10
John Tabita Questions about changing address / business name on local listings Google My Business & Google Maps 9
D Change of management - setup new Places listing? Help & Support for Google Local 1
R Address Research Methods before Changing Online NAP Listings? Local Search 2
hajnasiewicz GMB repeatedly changing Health & Safety and Service Options Local Content 6
chadkimball Trying to change my signature from Chad Kimball Maps to Chaddo.com as the link anchor Forum Tech Support 2
S Bulk Upload for Changes - Weird Situation Google My Business & Google Maps 0
C Change of operator Google Duplicates & Merges 8
dateinadash Will changing https:// to https://www cause an issue with rankings? Organic SEO 3
JohnnyM Changing Information in citations Google Local 101 1
Caroline GMB headline photo won't change NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
J Changing phone number on individual location GMBs NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A How to change GMB ticket field in search results knowledge panel NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
B Can't change the telephone number in the GMB account Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
P Posts Created for Change in Business Hours Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Stef Kiley GMB Service area changes? Google My Business & Google Maps 2