More threads by SSMMatt

SSMMatt

Reaction score
Hey All,

So...trying to understand this by looking at previous posts and other articles and still confused.

If I'm updating citations and creating new ones for a Service Area Business, is it alright to use the address that is being hidden on Google Business? In most cases it's the owner's home address. They don't mind it being shared and would share it on Google Business if it were allowed.

Should we update and build those citations with the home address? Or show only the city? Does it even matter?

It's driving me a little nuts...lol

Thanks!

Solution
Some people might not want to openly say this, but it seems like the consensus is that your client will get better rankings if he chooses to show his address on Google. While it’s against their guidelines, Google almost never does anything about it even when the business is reported via the redressal form.

So if your client is open to it, maybe you should consider showing the address on Google and therefore having all the citations match.
Some people might not want to openly say this, but it seems like the consensus is that your client will get better rankings if he chooses to show his address on Google. While it’s against their guidelines, Google almost never does anything about it even when the business is reported via the redressal form.

So if your client is open to it, maybe you should consider showing the address on Google and therefore having all the citations match.

Solution
Thanks for the reply. Two clients just got suspended for simple changes to their profile and so as part of that had to stop showing their address per Google Biz guidelines. So, not really an option.

What about the citations though, is there harm in showing the address there?

Hey All,

So...trying to understand this by looking at previous posts and other articles and still confused.

If I'm updating citations and creating new ones for a Service Area Business, is it alright to use the address that is being hidden on Google Business? In most cases it's the owner's home address. They don't mind it being shared and would share it on Google Business if it were allowed.

Should we update and build those citations with the home address? Or show only the city? Does it even matter?

It's driving me a little nuts...lol

Thanks!

You can use the home address in your citations, even if it's hidden on GBP. If the client is comfortable with it, you can also display the address on the website. However, for Apple Business Connect (ABC), you won't be able to create a listing without an office. For most other platforms, using the home address should be fine.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom