More threads by xanderw

xanderw

Reaction score
I represent a mid-size family law firm. We have 3 locations currently, 2 in Kentucky, 1 in Indiana and have utilized BrightLocal and the citation builder for each of these locations.

I'm wondering if there would be value in creating a "location" for each of our attorneys to push out their contact data to aggregators/sites in conjunction with the traditional citation builder campaigns we are running for each of our 3 locations.

If we were to add in our Attorneys, perform a citation build, and push the information out, this would improve our citation amount, and thus our local rankings - correct? I am wondering if you've had customers in similar situations where they wanted to both monitor/create citations for both their business name and some employees that represent the firm. Data would be identical to our main "locations" (offices) other than business name, as we would use the attorney's name, the business description, contact information, images, and a slight variation on "extra business categories" dependent on the areas that specific attorney specializes in.

Additionally, could we still connect the attorney's citation builder to our Google My Business page for the office they are located in, or would this cause problems? We do not want to create/use individual Google My Business pages for each of our 10 attorneys, but see value in having their names and company-specific contact information being available across the web.

Please advise on if you all believe there is value in creating attorney-specific citations and if, in turn, doing so would improve our local rankings.

Thanks, all!

Aren't citations foundational? Like in Semrush training Gary Gifford mentions "it's like the ante in poker" i.e. you must meet the requisite amount to play (rank) but you can't scale winnings (rankings) by amplifying how much you exceed that by.

I could be wrong but I think he basically said it comes down to who you are trying to rank against, i.e. if the map pack all have 60+ citations then 60 is your baseline requirement — so meet that. But, once you do, you won't beat the top 3 on the basis of having more citations. Could be wrong, that's my current grasp.

I represent a mid-size family law firm. We have 3 locations currently, 2 in Kentucky, 1 in Indiana and have utilized BrightLocal and the citation builder for each of these locations.

I'm wondering if there would be value in creating a "location" for each of our attorneys to push out their contact data to aggregators/sites in conjunction with the traditional citation builder campaigns we are running for each of our 3 locations.

If we were to add in our Attorneys, perform a citation build, and push the information out, this would improve our citation amount, and thus our local rankings - correct? I am wondering if you've had customers in similar situations where they wanted to both monitor/create citations for both their business name and some employees that represent the firm. Data would be identical to our main "locations" (offices) other than business name, as we would use the attorney's name, the business description, contact information, images, and a slight variation on "extra business categories" dependent on the areas that specific attorney specializes in.

Additionally, could we still connect the attorney's citation builder to our Google My Business page for the office they are located in, or would this cause problems? We do not want to create/use individual Google My Business pages for each of our 10 attorneys, but see value in having their names and company-specific contact information being available across the web.

Please advise on if you all believe there is value in creating attorney-specific citations and if, in turn, doing so would improve our local rankings.

Thanks, all!

This would not have the effect you are looking for. It's not about who has the most citations. You only need the top ones and to be in the valuable directories.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom