More threads by Kurt Steinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a client that is a local private school. They recently saw that some of their competitors have Facebook reviews showing up in their "Reviews from the Web." My client would like their Facebook reviews to show up in the client's "Reviews from the Web" as well.

From what I understand, we don't have any control over what Google shows in the "Reviews from the Web" results, but I don't see anything recent in the forum discussions about this, so I figured I'd see if that's still the case.

Is there any way to edit what sites Google pulls from for the "Reviews from the Web?"

Thanks!
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

The reviews that show up in the knowledge panel under “Reviews from the web” generally correspond to the profiles that show up organically for a given search that have review aggregate markup on them and are showing gold stars. Sometimes these profiles might not be on the first page of the search results organically so you might have to go back a few pages to see them. Since these are meant to be based on customer reviews, review sites that review the business as an employer (like Glassdoor) are often not included. Yelp is also never included.

If the reviews don't show-up, first make sure the profile uses the same naming convention as your Google My Business page. For example, if Google uses “Bob Smith Plumbing” but Facebook uses “Smith Plumbing LLC”, it’s possible the Facebook page wouldn’t rank organically when doing a search for “Bob Smith Plumbing” and thus wouldn’t trigger in the Knowledge Panel.

If the profile shows organically but isn’t linked in the Knowledge Panel, you can help Google make the connection by linking out to the review profile on your business website (“Check out our reviews on Healthgrades” > link to the Healthgrades profile”)

Hi Kurt,

The reviews that show up in the knowledge panel under “Reviews from the web” generally correspond to the profiles that show up organically for a given search that have review aggregate markup on them and are showing gold stars. Sometimes these profiles might not be on the first page of the search results organically so you might have to go back a few pages to see them. Since these are meant to be based on customer reviews, review sites that review the business as an employer (like Glassdoor) are often not included. Yelp is also never included.

If the reviews don't show-up, first make sure the profile uses the same naming convention as your Google My Business page. For example, if Google uses “Bob Smith Plumbing” but Facebook uses “Smith Plumbing LLC”, it’s possible the Facebook page wouldn’t rank organically when doing a search for “Bob Smith Plumbing” and thus wouldn’t trigger in the Knowledge Panel.

If the profile shows organically but isn’t linked in the Knowledge Panel, you can help Google make the connection by linking out to the review profile on your business website (“Check out our reviews on Healthgrades” > link to the Healthgrades profile”)
Thanks Colan,

The client's FB page does show up in the first page of results on Google, but there is no reviews/stars info under the result like there is for Niche and Great School, both of which show up in their "Reviews from the Web."

It looks like there are some inconsistencies between their Facebook and Google listing. So, I'll try aligning those and then talk with the client about the possibility of adding a link on their website.

Thanks a lot!!
Kurt

Let us know how it goes!

Update.

We fixed the inconsistencies between the FB page NAP info and GMB. We also got someone to post a review on FB. Now, the FB result in the Google search results has stars and a rating and FB is being displayed in the "Reviews from the Web"

bayshore-reviews-from-the-web.png

In case it's relevant, we also had an issue with FB where FB was showing the client had 66 reviews, but a 0.0 rating. We had someone post a review on FB (as noted above) and that seems to have reset FB for the rating. So, they now have 67 reviews and a 4.9 rating.

Thank you all for your help!!

Kurt

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for letting us know!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom