Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
As the pros know, if you have an SAB with address hidden you need to be careful how you set up service areas.

Here is a good example of what can happen
if you get greedy & set your service area
for the entire state of Florida!
:eek:

LOLbadMapMarker.jpg

Your map marker that is... :p

LOLbadMapMarker.jpg

Reaction score
Tee hee, Linda. Maybe they do underwater photography? Jacques Cousteau, anyone?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Careful Where You Put that Thang!
Another good one!

middleoflake.jpg

middleoflake.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Here's a good on. She put that THANG on the other side of the country!

She's in VA and her service area has an 'oops' and put her marker on opposite coast in WA.

BadServiceArea.jpg

I'm helping her in this Google thread.

She said: "My business is in VA but it shows that it's on the west coast. I hit the directions button and it says, from my house, it would take me a couple days to get there!!"

Anxious to hear how her service area settings are listed and what the mistake was. I was guessing there was a typo and she put WA instead of VA. But not sure that's right cuz service area goes way out in ocean.

BadServiceArea.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
In that last case above, she said somehow she had a URL in service area and an incorrect city. Guess that could confuse Google.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Alas... One step forward - 2 steps back in Googleland.

The lady in that last Google thread took my advice and said YAY now my marker is in the middle of my town where it should be.

Checked her listing and 2 new problems.

1) Address is now showing, needs to be hidden.

2) But because it now shows I was able to see address is a UPS store.
Double whammy! :(

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs Service Area Businesses 8
J Online Care SERP Feature - How to Be Included Google Local 101 5
Igor GMB Virtual care link auto updates to wrong URL Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Eoghan_MFeed Do we care about Yahoo Local and MapQuest? Local Search 16
M "Online Care" icon on 3 pack listing: How to get it? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Y One of my rivals bought 5 stars 100 spam reviews in 2 weeks Google does not care Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M GMB Virtual Care Link - Does the URL have to be on the website? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
CarrieHill Get Online Care link showing up on Healthcare listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Bryan Bloom Map Pack & GMB spammed company names - How to Get Google to Care Local Search 12
S Which category & order to use? Optometrist / Eye Care Center NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
Tim Colling Home Care Voice Search Optimization: Alexa Echo Show 2 vs. Google Home Hub (The Winner is Yelp) Local Search 4
P Schema Ideas for Care Home / Retirement Home / Hospice Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling Does Google care about unlicensed businesses that have Maps listings? Local Search 10
Garrett Sussman 5 Types of Online Reviewers and What They Care About Local Reviews 2
bczubiak Came Across My First .care Domain For a Dentist Local Search 2
Conor Treacy Decor vs D?cor. Does Google care? Organic SEO 6
Linda Buquet Pigeon Crap? Who Cares! 2 Google Pigeon Slide Decks from #StateofSearch Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet New Google Maps App - 5 Reasons Local Businesses Should Care Mobile & Social 2
G Is Google cares about Google maps quality? Recycle Bin 0
A anti aging skin care laser therapy 13184 Recycle Bin 0
KymM Where is this city info populating from? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Where does this type of SPAM come from? Spam on Google 7
K Help to access GMB page where no longer own email address Help & Support for Google Local 3
I Cheap Hyzaar, Where To Buy Hyzaar No Prescription Recycle Bin 0
Amy Toman In Request A Quote dropdown, where does G source the fields? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Where is This Knowledge Panel Sourced From? Ranking Puzzles 11
Travis Van Slooten Where Does MapQuest Get Its Data? Local Search 9
Monica Simpson Where did the FB verify option go? Citations 4
CandidmomVic Where to locate all my GMB that I manage? Multi-Location Issues 6
AndySimpson Where has all the spam gone? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jeffrey Does anyone know where this pulls from? Local Search 12
AndySimpson Data Studio Report for "What Where Why When and How"...with a little local SEO on the side Local SEO Tools & Software 6
rosie.brightlocal Local Services Ads Click Study: Where do people click on local SERPs? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
sjr4x4 Reviews from the web error - where does G pull the info? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
K Forum moderator question - not sure where to begin Marketing 4
C Where is Google Aggregating Reviews From? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
AndiFox Maps-Not rankings-Where to go next? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Adam Potaznik Strategy: Where is the money to be made in 2018? Local Search 1
Tim Colling Regarding LocalU in Santa Monica next week: Where are some good alternate hotels? Local Search 0
A G+ - Gone for Good? Where has Google Plus gone, is it dead? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Where the businesses dont show in the results Google Local 101 1
Eric Rohrback This... This is where i'd like to see more of our industry go Consultant's Corner 1
T Where has Google Plus gone? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Travis Van Slooten Where Are My Managed Google My Business Pages Now??? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
econbethelmy where can I find a local seo services? Recycle Bin 0
S Showing in Maps Where You AREN'T Physically Located Local Search 3
V 3 options of URL of my Google Business - What use where? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
CaseyMeraz Click Test Study on The Local Finder // How Users Decide Where to Click Local Search 4
Linda Buquet The State of Local SEO & Where to Focus - Casey Meraz @Moz Local Search 3
S How do YOU target a primary location where your client is not based? Local Search 0