More threads by TalkingMonkey

Reaction score
Screenshot attached. In this example, "Cleaning Service" is an invalid category. When I update the category to "Home Cleaning Service" which is a legit and accurate category, it almost immediately reverts to "Cleaning Service" as the primary category. I've also added legit and accurate secondary categories, which Google turns right around and kills. You can't even add "Cleaning Service" as a category, as its invalid.

I wanted to see if there was any history or help on this issue before I have to engage GMB support.

Thanks in advance

2020-01-02_0828.png

Do you have similar businesses with the same issues? I guess Google are updating their categories list.

Google removed the cleaning service category last year so if you're still seeing it get constantly added, my thought is that you're hooked up to a 3rd party that still has it entered.

Check here Sign in - Google Accounts and see if there are any applications listed that have the ability to change your business information:

1578660676850.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom