More threads by regl8r

regl8r

Reaction score
With SABs having addresses cleared out, if the listing is verified but the owner changes central locations should you attempt to reverify at the new address or just leave it?

If the new address is located in a better place for rankings, then that's one reason to consider updating and re-verifying. For example, they used to have an address in an industrial area where there wasn't much search volume for their primary keywords, but the new address is in an a residential neighborhood where more of their customers are.

Otherwise, I might be inclined to leave it.

If the new address is located in a better place for rankings, then that's one reason to consider updating and re-verifying. For example, they used to have an address in an industrial area where there wasn't much search volume for their primary keywords, but the new address is in an a residential neighborhood where more of their customers are.

Otherwise, I might be inclined to leave it.

Yea that was my thinking as well but now I am dealing with a suspended listing and not really sure what the move is here. You use to be able to reverify an address when suspended (still need reinstatement) but now it doesn’t send a postcard. It seems like this reinstatement request is just stuck on nothing happening because GMB support has no idea what to do when there is any sort or abnormality :/

Yea that was my thinking as well but now I am dealing with a suspended listing and not really sure what the move is here. You use to be able to reverify an address when suspended (still need reinstatement) but now it doesn’t send a postcard. It seems like this reinstatement request is just stuck on nothing happening because GMB support has no idea what to do when there is any sort or abnormality :/

I actually have the same concern. I tried to read through out google’s guidelines over and over but I couldn’t find any mentioning in regards to SABs (with a cleared address) moving to another address. Does anyone know what the guidelines are? Does google require a SAB that doesn’t serve customers at their location (where the address is cleared) to update their location if the owner moves somewhere else? Regardless to the ranking factors, I just need to know what the guidelines are. What happens in a the case of a suspended SAB listing that had moved but NOT updated its location whilst updating its location on their licence, so if I submit a copy of that business’s licence it will show a different (updated) address to the one where the listing was verified.

I would really appreciate any guidance on this in case I found my self dealing with such a situation.

Thanks very much.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom