More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Has anyone used ChatGPT for local search in regards to finding local citations/directories and general local link building?

thanks

Solution
Has anyone used ChatGPT for local search in regards to finding local citations/directories and general local link building?

thanks

I have a client that went through a name change about 6 months ago and we've been struggling to get their LSA to serve. So I asked it to see if there were any listings still out there under the old name and this was the response I got:

I'm sorry, as an AI language model, I do not have access to the entire World Wide Web or the ability to perform searches outside of this platform. However, there are a few ways you can search for instances of the old name still appearing on the web:
  1. Perform a Google search for their old name and look through the results to see...

thanks

I have a client that went through a name change about 6 months ago and we've been struggling to get their LSA to serve. So I asked it to see if there were any listings still out there under the old name and this was the response I got:

I'm sorry, as an AI language model, I do not have access to the entire World Wide Web or the ability to perform searches outside of this platform. However, there are a few ways you can search for instances of the old name still appearing on the web:
  1. Perform a Google search for their old name and look through the results to see if any outdated listings appear.
  2. Check online directories like Yelp, Yellow Pages, and Angie's List to see if the old name is still listed.
  3. Look through the business's own website and social media accounts to ensure that all instances of the old name have been updated.
  4. If the business has ever been featured in news articles or press releases, search for these online to see if the old name is still being used.
I hope this helps!

Solution
I believe the GPT-4 version of ChatGPT is intended to have Internet access in the future. While I don't have access to the Bing AI beta, I have wondered if it might not be better positioned to be helpful when it comes to search results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom