More threads by Harmony Huskinson

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, I remember being able to check the source code from Google Business to see additional categories (beyond the primary category), but I'm not seeing those categories in the source code any more. Did Google update how it displays the source code or am I missing something? Thank you!

I haven't checked the source code for categories in a while. Have you tried some of the newer tools that can automate the process and reveal the secondary categories without checking the source code?

@harmony
You can use the GMB Everywhere Chrome extension for this. This will show you the categories directly on maps. See screenshot below. It is completely free for viewing categories.
1665669227775.jpg

If you are specifically looking to find it yourself, you can still do that. Follow these steps:
- Go to direct business page of a GMB. That means get the share link and then go to the business page.
- Here, the easiest thing to do is to do a right click and then select view source.
- Now copy the primary category and search for it on the source code. You will find a JSON with an array in it. This contains the categories.

This should work in most cases.

Hope this is helpful.

1665669510307.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom