More threads by CWalker

CWalker

Reaction score
Pretty standard question....

Client's business relocated. Need to clean up citations. Just curious how everyone else is going about it these days.

In the past, I've done all of the standard stuff. Including....

- Hoth / Loganix's cleanup package. (I'd say the success rate was in the 10-15% range - even with a domain email addy)
- I've hired VA's to do it manually. This works fine as long as the listings aren't claimed. Otherwise, it's pretty similar to Hoth / Loganix.
- I've also done Yext.... (meh... clients don't love the residual fee)

Does anyone have a method they love?

More questions:
How effective are the big aggregators at cleaning up old location data? Can they actually make a dent in a scenario like this?

What about brightlocal? I've used their dashboard for years, but never the citation service. I've always thought of it as a service gear toward "new citations", rather than fixing old ones. Am I wrong?

Lastly, any thoughts on Whitespark's Text replacement service? I like the idea of a one-time fee, but I have no idea how effective it actually is.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hey there! Yep, you can use BrightLocal to clean up and fix existing citations using our Citation Builder tool. If you already have an account you'll be able to go to Citation Builder and go from there.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or if you'd like to speak to our support team directly, then please use the chat support widget on the site to speak to the team :)

Hope that helps!
Hey there! Yep, you can use BrightLocal to clean up and fix existing citations using our Citation Builder tool. If you already have an account you'll be able to go to Citation Builder and go from there.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or if you'd like to speak to our support team directly, then please use the chat support widget on the site to speak to the team :)

Hope that helps!

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom