More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,
What are the thoughts on claiming a duplicate listing to update the information for a merge? I remember a year or two ago I claimed and verified a duplicate listing but then Google suspended our real listing and we had to get it reinstated. The process took a while because Google kept saying we had more than one listing live even though the second one was the duplicate.

Solution
Hi @luischavez0104

that happened to me several times.
If both listings are live, once you manage to claim the duplicate, you should delete as soon as possible.
However also the scenario you described might happen. Expecially, if your listing is already unpublished because of that duplicate. In that case you can consider transfering all the information (opening hours, pictures, etc...) to the duplicate that you just claimed. On the other hand, if you don want to lose the reviews you might need to reach out to the customer support to explain the situation. Keep in mind that this last option might take days if not weeks.

Hope it was helpful.
Good luck!
Hi @luischavez0104

If both listings are live, once you manage to claim the duplicate, you should delete as soon as possible.
However also the scenario you described might happen. Expecially, if your listing is already unpublished because of that duplicate. In that case you can consider transfering all the information (opening hours, pictures, etc...) to the duplicate that you just claimed. On the other hand, if you don want to lose the reviews you might need to reach out to the customer support to explain the situation. Keep in mind that this last option might take days if not weeks.

Hope it was helpful.
Good luck!

Solution
Hi @luischavez0104

Hope it was helpful.
Good luck!

Hi, thank you so much! I figured this was the case. Funny enough, I have the same photo as you set as my slack profile photo lol.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom