More threads by wehrlse1

wehrlse1

Reaction score
Hello! When my company claims and verifies a profile for a client, we used to claim/verify in the client's own profile so they had primary ownership then we would get management access. Now with google business profile updates to claim and verify right on the SERP, is it still possible to claim primary ownership for the client then pass over management to us?
Secondly, is this mindset/process even valid to follow or should we just be claiming the profiles as primary owners ourselves? We always did it this way so the client was the primary owner of all their platforms. Not sure if this even matters, but want to establish a best practice.
Finally, how do I remove primary ownership access? I used to be able to just click the X, but not seeing that anymore.

Sorry I'm late to this, but joining the party now!

is it still possible to claim primary ownership for the client then pass over management to us?
If they give you access to their account that is totally fine.

Secondly, is this mindset/process even valid to follow or should we just be claiming the profiles as primary owners ourselves? We always did it this way so the client was the primary owner of all their platforms. Not sure if this even matters, but want to establish a best practice.
I think it's always a good practice to designate the business owner as the primary owner. But if you can't do that right way, you can set it up and transfer primary ownership to the business owner after wards.

Finally, how do I remove primary ownership access? I used to be able to just click the X, but not seeing that anymore.
Primary ownership can be transferred but not deleted since there always needs to be one primary owner at all times.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom