JasonKhoo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm experiencing a classic consultant problem. I advise a marketing agency on their own agency's SEO. So far I've had a great tenure with them, had them for a year and a half. They have seen a large improvement in their search rankings and their traffic and KPI's look great!!

Saying that, the intensity of the SEO has tapered off. A large part of this is that in our agreement, the agency is responsible for contributing content. And this is where I'm experiencing stalls.

This agency has a good problem, the CEO has recognition and a strong network so contributorship/guest posting opportunities are easily acquired. Most of our outreach is welcome and accepted. However the agency can't keep up with content demands and we're not able to get content pieces out to these publications to guest post.

Right now we are averaging a content piece every month and a half. This pace also includes the agency's own blogging efforts. Obviously this cannot keep up with on site content needs while also growing offsite.

I've tried the following:
  • Showing how many publications and editorials have expressed interest in the agency contributing content (attempt to excite and invigorate the agency)
  • Showing that Referring Domains is starting to drop (Scare them into getting content out)
  • Suggesting hiring content writers to help - (Agency says that they are a little picky and don't want to outsource just yet)
This is a great client and one that I really like working with, but I feel that my ability to influence their growth is seriously being stalled by content, so I'd love to get some tips on how you've gotten clients to do their homework specifically on the content side

Jason Khoo

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You might need to have a firm, direct conversation with the decision maker here. That's honestly your best bet. But that conversation is nuanced and can be difficult to nail. But still, that's my suggestion.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J New GMB Dashboard Missing Many Important "GMB Classic" functionality Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter WordPress 4.9.8 Released, May Need to Install the Classic Editor Websites, Software, and Security 8
Durandl Adwords Express Vs Classic Adwords for small business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Linda Buquet Change.org Petition to Larry Page @ Google: Bring Back Classic Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet R.I.P. Google Classic Maps - But Here's a Hack that Still Works! Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Linda Buquet Google to Shutter CLASSIC Maps Soon - New Maps will be our Only Option Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Classic Maps won't Stick - Beginning of the End??? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Scott Rawlins Classic Maps Going Away Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jannell Howell New vs Classic Maps Glitch Google My Business & Google Maps 14
A Now Missing - Customize & Preview Embedded Map in Google Classic Maps - Workaround Google My Business & Google Maps 56
Linda Buquet The Rudiments Of Local SEO - a Classic by Miriam Ellis Local Search 2
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
H Seems like someone is trying to Steal my clients GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 5
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
J New client with existing spam Moving or Name Changes 7
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
CarrieHill Switchbird Solves Lead Nurturing & Client Communication for Agencies and Their Clients LSF News and Announcements 11
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Joe Good Client verified but pending since 10/19/20 Help & Support for Google Local 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D GMB Expansion for SAB Client who Acquired a Business Google My Business & Google Maps 1
brettmandoes Products - appears for some HVAC clients, but not others Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
I Client Suspended Thread: Please Help Help & Support for Google Local 5
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
rossdunn Setting Up Foursquare for a Client Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
david.victor Facebook disabled advertising and post-boosting for a client Mobile & Social 4
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
CoRichardson Incorrect "Located in" Description in Client's Knowledge Panel Help & Support for Google Local 13
lincolnchan Attribution Links in Clients' Footers Organic SEO 7
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2
georgebizpro Client's local rankings tanked in early/mid September, why? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Lanerizz Tale of Two Cities And A Client on the Border Moving or Name Changes 6
L How do I set notifications for Google my Business edits that were not done by us or our clients and how to know what Google updated? Google My Business & Google Maps 2