Nikki Stine

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that one of my clients GMB listings was suspended. In the info tab it say "Your listing has been suspended due to quality issues." The listing still shows up online, but appears to be unverified at the moment.

This is for a used car dealership, and after looking over the possible causes of suspension, I have no idea why it was suspended.

The ONLY thing I can sort of come up with is the the business owner had set the dealership with a 100 mile service area. It's not a service-area type business, but a car dealership with a building and a physical location, so I made this adjustment in the listing.

I also submitted an appeal and am waiting to hear back on the appeal. I am new to this forum and am hoping to learn from the experienced users here.

Below is the info I'm supposed to include. Thanks for any input!

LINK: https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...9c485929631b7c2a!8m2!3d42.299135!4d-89.058096

Name, address, phone (as listed in dashboard): 4732 N 2nd St, Loves Park, IL 61111, (779) 210-2907

Verification date: More than a year ago when the business opened.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
The listing still appears to be verified. Can you double-check with the other managers on the account to see if it also shows up as suspended for their accounts as well?

Also, were there any other listings in your account that got suspended or just this one?

Nikki Stine

Reaction score
Just this one listing in my account was suspended.

I guess when I say it seems 'not verified', I mean that it has the question 'do you own this business?' back on the listing. But it still shows up under my dashboard, and I was able to make a change to it.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the "own this business" icon on the listing you linked to.

FireShot Pro Screen Capture #2335 - 'hall of fame auto sales loves park il - Google Search' - ...png

Nikki Stine

Reaction score
Ummm... you are right. That has changed since this morning. In fact AS I AM TYPING THIS, I just went back in to my GMB listing and the suspension notification was removed!

Perhaps my appeal took care of the situation?? I didn't think it would be that easy. Here's a screenshot I took on my phone inside the GMB app about 5 minutes ago.

Screenshot_20180925-145646_Google My Business.jpg

Nikki Stine

Reaction score
Yes... two minutes ago I received an email from Google saying my case was reviewed and "The suspension of your listing has been lifted and the listing will be live on Google Maps within the next few days."

Sorry to even have posted this! Weird timing. Laugh.

I guess my question changes to: how would an accidental suspension like this just happen? Is it possible a complaint against the listing could cause that? Or is it just 'unknowable'?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
Nikki Stine Client GMB Suspended for No Reason - Again. Can a competitor cause this? Help & Support for Google Local 8
Durandl New client but GMB listings suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Suspended GMB Account - - Is Client's URL or Business Name Burnt? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
H Seems like someone is trying to Steal my clients GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 5
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D GMB Expansion for SAB Client who Acquired a Business Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
N Client with 100+ Locations wants to use GMB Messaging. What are the options? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Travis Van Slooten Client's 3+ Year GMB Listing Uses UPS Address (Leave As-Is or Change)? Moving or Name Changes 6
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
S Client disappeared in 3-pack & organic after GMB category priority change Google My Business & Google Maps 10
N New Client...Strange GMB Issue Service Area Businesses 5
Chris Ratchford Hibu claimed a new GMB listing w/out client's consent- rejected owner request Google My Business & Google Maps 11
WAHamilton Negative Review Attack on Client GMB Page Local Reviews 16
M Client's GMB Listing Is Published But Is Not Appearing In Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Scammy Local SEOs that Hold Client GMB Pages Hostage Spam on Google 3
E 3rd party SEO company holding clients GMB listing hostage Google My Business & Google Maps 15
A How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Amber Robinson How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Ray Litvak Duplicate GMB accounts for same client--help!! Help & Support for Google Local 7
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
J New client with existing spam Moving or Name Changes 7
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
CarrieHill Switchbird Solves Lead Nurturing & Client Communication for Agencies and Their Clients LSF News and Announcements 11
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Joe Good Client verified but pending since 10/19/20 Help & Support for Google Local 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
brettmandoes Products - appears for some HVAC clients, but not others Google My Business & Google Maps 5
I Client Suspended Thread: Please Help Help & Support for Google Local 5
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
rossdunn Setting Up Foursquare for a Client Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
david.victor Facebook disabled advertising and post-boosting for a client Mobile & Social 4
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
CoRichardson Incorrect "Located in" Description in Client's Knowledge Panel Help & Support for Google Local 13