More threads by vivekrpatel

Reaction score
Our client (Lawfirm) keeps updating their blog section by posting frequent videos without our knowledge.

Should we create a separate item/page in the menu just like a blog? If so, is there any local strategy or design we should follow for the main video and individual video content pages?

Solution
Hi @Conor Treacy

Thank you for your suggestions.

The main concern is not posting quality video content and doesn’t allow to optimize/market it.

For this creating a separate page that would act like the blog and only show Videos will make sense because of posting more videos than blog posts.

Do you have any suggestions for landing video page design?

Thank you

Gotcha. Yeah, creating a separate page and pulling a category feed for those video posts would be the best route then.

I don't have any specific suggestions on the best layout. For us, we just have a page, pull our YouTube links into it and that's about it. We don't pull from our blog page as we don't normally post videos as blogs.

To see what we did, you can...
Is the issue that they posted something and didn't tell you, so you didn't know to optimize/market it, or some other issue?

If it's just an alert issue, I'd set up a Feed Reader to get an alert any time there's a new post - that would include the blog, etc.

If you're looking to keep blogs and videos separate, then setting up a separate category or taxonomy would be the next step. If you're using WordPress you can set the blog page to exclude certain categories, then create a separate page that would act like the blog but only show Videos.

On our site, we mix blog posts and videos (usually a blog post accompanies a video, so they're in the same post), however, we do have a page that just lists our recent 50 videos on YouTube.

Is the issue that they posted something and didn't tell you, so you didn't know to optimize/market it, or some other issue?

If it's just an alert issue, I'd set up a Feed Reader to get an alert any time there's a new post - that would include the blog, etc.

If you're looking to keep blogs and videos separate, then setting up a separate category or taxonomy would be the next step. If you're using WordPress you can set the blog page to exclude certain categories, then create a separate page that would act like the blog but only show Videos.

On our site, we mix blog posts and videos (usually a blog post accompanies a video, so they're in the same post), however, we do have a page that just lists our recent 50 videos on YouTube.

Hi @Conor Treacy

The main concern is not posting quality video content and doesn’t allow to optimize/market it.

For this creating a separate page that would act like the blog and only show Videos will make sense because of posting more videos than blog posts.

Thank you

Hi @Conor Treacy

Thank you

Gotcha. Yeah, creating a separate page and pulling a category feed for those video posts would be the best route then.

I don't have any specific suggestions on the best layout. For us, we just have a page, pull our YouTube links into it and that's about it. We don't pull from our blog page as we don't normally post videos as blogs.

To see what we did, you can click on bigredseo.com/videos/ - most of these just link to YouTube, but some link to a post with the video. For example, the first 3 links to YouTube, but the next handful all link to a post with the video in it.

I don't know of a suggested/optimal way of doing it, but that's how we did it for our own site :)

Solution

To see what we did, you can click on bigredseo.com/videos/ - most of these just link to YouTube, but some link to a post with the video. For example, the first 3 links to YouTube, but the next handful all link to a post with the video in it.

I don't know of a suggested/optimal way of doing it, but that's how we did it for our own site :)

Hey @Conor Treacy

That is helpful.

I'm working on the video landing page design and I really like this idea on video page Image-2022-03-28-at-4.57.16-PM

Thanks a bunch!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom