More threads by TheRD

TheRD

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, I was on a Zoom call with a client as they tried to add me to their GBP account. They went to business.google.com and chose the "sign in" option. They entered their email and PW (no issues) and hit enter. The email/PW combo were accepted, but it sent them back to the same "sign in" page. No error message, nothing. We tried it on two different computers, and different browsers, and it never seemed to acknowledge that she had actually logged in. I did the same thing using Incognito (Chrome, on an iMac) and was able to identify the GBP account had been claimed and requested access, but the client didn't recognize the email address partially listed...I haven't gotten a response yet.
Not sure what to do if they can't even get a response when they try to log in (even having it rejected would tell us we were using the wrong email address), instead, we seem to be stuck in a loop?
Has anyone seen this before or have an idea of another way to troubleshoot?

Thank you,
Leland

Hello.
To manage the company profile, you need to find the company in the search
This can be done quickly by the name of the company, the phrase - my business, or such a quick link

It is necessary to understand whether they have access and profile confirmation.
If not, then you need to submit a request.
You should also check the email used to manage the company profile

Hi, I was on a Zoom call with a client as they tried to add me to their GBP account. They went to business.google.com and chose the "sign in" option. They entered their email and PW (no issues) and hit enter. The email/PW combo were accepted, but it sent them back to the same "sign in" page. No error message, nothing. We tried it on two different computers, and different browsers, and it never seemed to acknowledge that she had actually logged in. I did the same thing using Incognito (Chrome, on an iMac) and was able to identify the GBP account had been claimed and requested access, but the client didn't recognize the email address partially listed...I haven't gotten a response yet.
Not sure what to do if they can't even get a response when they try to log in (even having it rejected would tell us we were using the wrong email address), instead, we seem to be stuck in a loop?
Has anyone seen this before or have an idea of another way to troubleshoot?

Thank you,
Leland

Hi Leland, you might want to try to get to the GBP in an indirect way. Using Chrome, go to: Sign in - Google Accounts

If they are not currently signed in with the google account used to manage the GBP, then make sure they can get logged in properly. As you probably already know, it should look like the attached screen shot.

Then, using the same tab, just search for "Google Business Profile". Any profiles that they manage should show up on the search results (like attached). Then you should be able to proceed by "view profile" and managing using the new interface.

This should at least allow you to verify if the email address they are using is valid and tied to a GBP.

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.46.38 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.48.58 AM.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom