Lloyd Silver

Reaction score
A bit of an odd situation.

New client has an unverified page with a different phone number (caused by a citation issue) that is ranking second in the pack for the primary category. The verified and claimed page doesn't rank at all.

For a branded search, the verified and claimed listing is what shows up.

Any suggestions on handling this?

The verified page is fairly empty with just a few photos and one review. The unverified page has one photo and nothing else.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Lloyd,

Based on the details you provided, I would contact GMB Support and see if they can try and merge the pages together.

Another, more out of the box idea could be to try and claim the ranking page, use that as the main page and report the current verified page as a dupe.

Broland

Reaction score
Yea I would claim the unverified. Then call support to merge.

Lloyd Silver

Reaction score
Curious what Linda would recommend as she always warns against having two claimed listings in dashboard.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Yes I def would not claim it if it's the same location. It's a violation. Plus don't need to claim for them to merge it and can't have 2 in dash so just extra work for nothing.

Joy has mentioned listing age seems to be more of a ranking factor since Pigeon so maybe that's why the other ranks. OR more citations for that #?

You sure they are both G+ Local pages? One isn't just a remnant G+ page?

If sure both local then I'd follow Colan's advice. Call support to see if they can merge to get the strength of the one added to the other. But even if they just delete it, with it out of the way the ranking of the claimed listing may improve.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
J New client with existing spam Moving or Name Changes 7
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
CarrieHill Switchbird Solves Lead Nurturing & Client Communication for Agencies and Their Clients LSF News and Announcements 11
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Joe Good Client verified but pending since 10/19/20 Help & Support for Google Local 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D GMB Expansion for SAB Client who Acquired a Business Google My Business & Google Maps 1
brettmandoes Products - appears for some HVAC clients, but not others Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
I Client Suspended Thread: Please Help Help & Support for Google Local 5
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
rossdunn Setting Up Foursquare for a Client Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
david.victor Facebook disabled advertising and post-boosting for a client Mobile & Social 4
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
CoRichardson Incorrect "Located in" Description in Client's Knowledge Panel Help & Support for Google Local 13
lincolnchan Attribution Links in Clients' Footers Organic SEO 7
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2
georgebizpro Client's local rankings tanked in early/mid September, why? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Lanerizz Tale of Two Cities And A Client on the Border Moving or Name Changes 6
L How do I set notifications for Google my Business edits that were not done by us or our clients and how to know what Google updated? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Bryan Bloom 👉 Ahrefs Users - Are you aware they removed client alerts? Is this an issue for you also? Local SEO Tools & Software 5
nathangdavidson Asking clients to use specific words in Google reviews, against guidelines? Local Reviews 2
J Claiming a Directory Listing For a Client Citations 9
R Clients Willing To Link To Each Other Local Search 5
Barb Davids Create an event that my client works for but didn't create? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
j_holtslander Couple of 12 hour old reviewer accounts astroturfing client. Spam on Google 6
Mmclean07 What’s the best tool for managing a client listings? Local SEO Tools & Software 7
JaredCaraway Another business is using my client's name - best course of action? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
AndySimpson Client Brand now a Knowledge Panel Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Eric Rohrback Campaign Planning for Clients Consultant's Corner 11
Jon Cahen Disappearing Client Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 4
N Client with 100+ Locations wants to use GMB Messaging. What are the options? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
S What backlink work for a client paying $500 and $1000 a month? Consultant's Corner 8
H Setting Goals for clients Consultant's Corner 4
JoshuaMackens Interesting Client Drop - Google Maps Local Search 7
M Google Reviews Not Showing Up for our Client Local Reviews 6